The CookingBites recipe challenge: pineapple

I couldn't make myself do a shrimp and pineapple pizza, but skewers work for me.

Recipe - Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers on the Grill

I marinaded some shrimp in a sweet/hot/salty marinade, and cubed up some fresh pineapple, skewered them, and tossed them on the grill.Served on coconut rice. I'll do a write up later.

1689656459640.jpeg

CD

Last edited:
Spinach,Pineapple and Bacon Salad
Simple and delicious, this salad. My wife reminded me of this a week or so ago. I'd been on a business trip to Mexico City/Toluca, and we decided to extend the visit . Spent a few days in the city, went to Taxco and ate this in a really good, classic Mexican place that, for the life of me, can't remember the name... Anyway.
Pineapple spinach and bacon salad 2.jpg
Pineapple spinach and bacon salad 3.jpg
Pineapple spinach and bacon salad.jpg

I just watched a van-camping video on YouTube where the guy made a ham and pineapple pizza... topped with a swirl of ranch dressing. :sick:

View attachment 102605

CD

Are you sure this wasn't a public service announcement about what can happen to you if you do too many drugs?

Are you sure this wasn't a public service announcement about what can happen to you if you do too many drugs?
I will admit to getting annoyed when I go into my favorite pizza place nowadays because “Do you want a packet of ranch with that ?” is a standard question. 😒

I will admit to getting annoyed when I go into my favorite pizza place nowadays because “Do you want a packet of ranch with that ?” is a standard question. 😒

It sounds like the ethos is about combining flavors in weird ways just to do it. I would put this in the same category as wanting super spicy things just because you want to get likes on Instagram with your reaction. Am I railing against those darn kids and their newfangled ideas? Yes, but I think it's beyond just what's the matter with kids today. Do people really like the flavor combinations of ranch dressing on a pizza? Or, or do they like it because they like ranch dressing on anything, and they don't need to taste the pizza?

It sounds like the ethos is about combining flavors in weird ways just to do it
I totally agree with you. Some folks combine the most unusual things, just because they can, and I suspect they don't taste them properly before making/while making the dish. Put ketchup on your tacos if you want, but the flavours will simply clash. Pineapple and tomatoes CAN work together (sweet and sour sauce, for example) but NOT in a pizza type tomato sauce. It seems to me like some sort of insane competition to be as "original" and "creative" as possible and possibly sacrificing the flavours of the dish.
And don't get me started on beers with citrus peel, coriander seeds, watermelon and 70% pure Amazon Cacao...

It sounds like the ethos is about combining flavors in weird ways just to do it. I would put this in the same category as wanting super spicy things just because you want to get likes on Instagram with your reaction. Am I railing against those darn kids and their newfangled ideas? Yes, but I think it's beyond just what's the matter with kids today. Do people really like the flavor combinations of ranch dressing on a pizza? Or, or do they like it because they like ranch dressing on anything, and they don't need to taste the pizza?
Most of the people I know who use ranch with pizza only use it to dip the outer crust. I admit I like garlic butter for mine.

Do people really like the flavor combinations of ranch dressing on a pizza? Or, or do they like it because they like ranch dressing on anything, and they don't need to taste the pizza?

I watch a lot of YouTube videos, and it seems that the young folk just like Ranch Dressing on everything. I've seen one young "chef" drink Ranch dressing right out of the bottle. :eek:

CD

Reminder, the pineapple possibilities challenge ends tonight, midnight GMT/7PM EST (others adjust accordingly).

Get ‘em entered if you’re still waiting!

I've now got up to date and carefully read and commented on all recipes entered so far. Having said that I'm no nearer to knowing which recipe wins! As the challenge ends at midnight UK time, I'll make the difficult decision in the UK morning.

There is still a few hours left for more entries...

Back
Top Bottom