The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have in my hand a packet of Wild Flower Seed Mix. Simple enough, you'd think. On the back, however, it says: "Please drink responsibly. For the facts drinkaware.co.uk"

I'm missing something here, aren't I?

:laugh:

We have just been watching Joe Wicks, life/body coach or whatever... he is annoying and shouty but his ideas are good so interesting if you can get past his annoying character.

I reckon (given the state of the place and work you have had to do) that you could possibly persuade the agents to let you keep her. She is totally adorable!
Luckily, she has a new home. It seems that there wasn't a person in the vets who would not adopt her. She is most likely to be going to the receptionist mentioned.

We now have these 2 ladies. They will be joined by 3 rescue hens in about 10 days time. These 2 however are not rescues, they are my layers. The rescues are just for flock numbers and to give them a home. I don't want just 2 birds, but at the same time, don't need dozens of eggs

IMG_5436_800b.JPG

However, they are not impressed with today's weather and have refused to come out of the chook house. Don't blame them really. I'm not working in the garden either today. It's a little on the :raining: side of life currently with a 90% chance of rain all the way until 4pm. I think I feel a day of house work coming on sadly... :(

Last edited:
I am left-handed, but use my cutlery in the "normal" fashion. I suspect that like most left-handed people, I am more adept at using my right hand than right-handers are at using their left. This is simply because we live in a right-handed world and one must adapt.

I do a lot of things right-handed; for example, I use a mouse with my right hand and throw underarm right-handed. Occasionally, I even write right-handed, though only if it is a quick note, a tick, crossing out or something like that.

This once led to a memorable conversation with a work colleague.

Other person: Oh, you're amphibious.
Me: Of, course I am. I'm a duck.

Well it was another frosty night and is another lovely (rather warm) sunny day again. Sadly we are due cloud tomorrow, and then rain on Friday (currently). Another load of washing is about to go on the line!

Hot and humid here today, I have put some washing out, don't have time in the morning so it goes out in the evening.

I am left-handed, but use my cutlery in the "normal" fashion. I suspect that like most left-handed people, I am more adept at using my right hand than right-handers are at using their left. This is simply because we live in a right-handed world and one must adapt.

I do a lot of things right-handed; for example, I use a mouse with my right hand and throw underarm right-handed. Occasionally, I even write right-handed, though only if it is a quick note, a tick, crossing out or something like that.

This once led to a memorable conversation with a work colleague.

Other person: Oh, you're amphibious.
Me: Of, course I am. I'm a duck.

If I need to do up cuff buttons then I can easily do the right button with my left hand but I struggle to do the left with my right even though I am right handed :meh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom