The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smart meters - why ?
I mean you need to use what you need to use

I think that they may be useful for the so called "vampire loads". Also, I am aware that my aircon uses excessive electric when it needs cleaning/servicing - it could help there..

Not that I have a "smart meter" myself.

Smart meters - why ?
They're not that smart. Still have to be physically read twice a year by law.

That little "monitor" is but a distraction, supplied by the company. The only real benefit is to the power supplier, they can limit or cut your supply without prior warning. You having signed to say they can do so.

I think that they may be useful for the so called "vampire loads". Also, I am aware that my aircon uses excessive electric when it needs cleaning/servicing - it could help there..

Not that I have a "smart meter" myself.
Local school had a pupil that reversed their meters. If I find out which one, do I post them on?

Just seen some new food ideas now available. In M & S they had caviar crisps ( potato with dehydrated caviar)...how to get one up on the Joneses! Ha! Not tempted.

Anyone for charcoal? :unsure:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/foodanddri...ywhere/ar-BBBj3SN?li=BBoPRmz&ocid=mailsignout

Also

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/charcoal-lattes-new-black-food-article-1.3179509

I want to try them! Caviar is one of my all time favourite foods. Charcoal is good too - and I love black food.

I want to try them! Caviar is one of my all time favourite foods. Charcoal is good too - and I love black food.
The crisps are £3 (for a large bag)? Still want them? The same manufacturer does the crisps with truffles too.

Yes I know charcoal is good i.e. medicinal but it looks ghastly on top of coffee - I would rather have a sprinkling of cinnamon and/or cocoa on it.

The crisps are £3 (for a large bag)? Still want them? The same manufacturer does the crisps with truffles too.

Yes I know charcoal is good i.e. medicinal but it looks ghastly on top of coffee - I would rather have a sprinkling of cinnamon and/or cocoa on it.

Charcoal biscuits go well with cheese :okay:

Smart meters - why ?
They cut down on costs. Now the electric companies don't have to pay someone to come out and read the meters. Here, you can also now have a tall fence without a hole for the meter reader to read the meter. Most are stuck on the back of houses.
It also makes it impossible for people to steal electricity. I don't know how that worked but if your electricity was turned off, you could do something with the meter and it would come back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom