The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my late brother was a young man now, he would probably be in it! I, on the other hand, am not in the slightest bit interested, although I did watch part of it when it started in the UK simply because it went through a place that I was interested in. P.S. I'm not interested in tennis either :laugh:
Still curious about how you can continue to call it the 'tour de France' when big chunks of it aren’t in France - call it the 'tour de europe' or something but it isn't the tour de France anymore - the clue is in the name

We've had a really heavy downpour for a few hours this afternoon. OK, the computer and stuff needed to be relocated inside (the stoep cover is not perfect) but it was still very pleasant to watch the rain at a temperature of 30 degC.

Day 4 of vacation and I'm starting to feel human again. I no longer curse the sun, and sleep on dirt in a coffin.

I slept almost 9 hours last night (in 3 shifts).

I finally went through old boxes from our move 2 years ago, cleaning out 2 of the garages. Some little critter made its home in a few of the boxes, so the garbage can is full of junk that was pooped on.

Still, it feels good to get one of those things done that have been on the back of my mind for so long.

Day 4 of vacation and I'm starting to feel human again. I no longer curse the sun, and sleep on dirt in a coffin.

I slept almost 9 hours last night (in 3 shifts).

I finally went through old boxes from our move 2 years ago, cleaning out 2 of the garages. Some little critter made its home in a few of the boxes, so the garbage can is full of junk that was pooped on.

Still, it feels good to get one of those things done that have been on the back of my mind for so long.
Almost "snap". At 3 a.m. I was sorting through some of the stuff that had been in my loft for years. The dustmen got an extra sack of rubbish this morning.

Crazy storm going on here with thunder and lightening in quick succession. It will pass by the morning I think. Poor little dog got drenched going out for his late night wee wee. So did I!

The entire world must have rain right now. We've had a couple of downpours this evening, and it looks like we could have one or two more heavy rains before the storm front has finished moving through.

You all don't think we need to consider building an ark, do you?

The entire world must have rain right now. We've had a couple of downpours this evening, and it looks like we could have one or two more heavy rains before the storm front has finished moving through.

I think we need a fleet of arks.

We have absolutely no rain what so ever and we really need it :mad:

About 300 miles from us in Cornwall, they had flash floods, thankfully no fatalities, yet here we are bone dry. Your idea is definitely a good one :okay:
We go through the same thing here, if one area is flooding another area desperately needs the water.

Crazy huh?
California floods, Texas has fires. Texas floods, California has fires.
Texas once went two years without a drop of precipitation. It was bad. Though a couple of missing persons cases from the 1960s were solved when a lake dropped so far down, you could see the cars at the bottom of the lake. We lost at least one lake.

Crazy storm going on here with thunder and lightening in quick succession. It will pass by the morning I think. Poor little dog got drenched going out for his late night wee wee. So did I!
Two flashes of lightning in the distance, and no thunder. It barely rained either, judging by the level of water in the builders bucket in the garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom