The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be evicting the chicks from the house tonight. :woot:

they are {goes off to find out} err, that's not as old as I thought... oops maybe the -7C forecast for Sunday night is too low for them to be out...

It seems that they were only born on the 5th, 6th and 7th of May.... either that or I took no photos of our newborn chicks which seems rather unlikely to me... which makes the oldest of them only 10 weeks old today. The youngest who is also the smallest for a variety of reasons (first couple of eggs lain by her mum - chooks only lay small eggs initially until 'things' have expanded and widened) won't be 10 weeks until Sunday. Perhaps I may be feeling too motherly, but that seems awfully young to have no mum protection when its freezing outside...

Trying to imagine the headlines in the more "excitable" tabloids with regard to events at Wimbledon...

Wednesday: Brit Johanna powers into semi-finals.
Friday: Aussie Konta thrashed in semi-finals.

Trying to imagine the headlines in the more "excitable" tabloids with regard to events at Wimbledon...

Wednesday: Brit Johanna powers into semi-finals.
Friday: Aussie Konta thrashed in semi-finals.

Andy Murray seems to flit between Brit and Scot depending on how well/badly he is doing

We were only away for 1 week and 1 day, I had over 200 emails and still haven't worked through them all. My work doesn't get touched when I am away so the first week back is always busy and hectic. Really need this weekend.

I'm bushed.

I got my hair cut this morning going back to the same guy that has been my barber for 26 years. The problem is that since I moved, he's a 45 minute trip away.

Then after the barber, I bought a 24 ft fiberglass extension ladder on the way home and spent the last 4 hours cleaning out the gutters on the house. That sucker is heavy. Not like my old aluminum ladder.

Finally, I managed to get a rope up between 2 trees in the backyard and suspended an old tire from it so my son can practice throwing footballs through.

He was selected to be on of the 3 quarterbacks on his team this fall, so he'll have something to practice with when I'm not home.

Phew, time for a shower and a gallon of ice water. It's very muggy out today.

Motor racing this weekend, so trying to fit everything in between races. The formula 2 and GP3 are usually more entertaining than the Formula 1, so I should be able to catch up on a couple of hours of sleep after lunch before the proms:laugh:

Motor racing this weekend, so trying to fit everything in between races. The formula 2 and GP3 are usually more entertaining than the Formula 1, so I should be able to catch up on a couple of hours of sleep after lunch before the proms:laugh:

We follow the Tour De France, this year was the first year we were not around for the first week and stuff happened! We watch the 7pm highlights during the week but on the last day we watch the end and celebrate with chocs and fizz, a tradition :happy:

Last night was quite hot and muggy, both widows were wide open and only a thin duvet on the bed but it was still :heat:

We follow the Tour De France, this year was the first year we were not around for the first week and stuff happened! We watch the 7pm highlights during the week but on the last day we watch the end and celebrate with chocs and fizz, a tradition :happy:
If my late brother was a young man now, he would probably be in it! I, on the other hand, am not in the slightest bit interested, although I did watch part of it when it started in the UK simply because it went through a place that I was interested in. P.S. I'm not interested in tennis either :laugh:

If my late brother was a young man now, he would probably be in it! I, on the other hand, am not in the slightest bit interested, although I did watch part of it when it started in the UK simply because it went through a place that I was interested in. P.S. I'm not interested in tennis either :laugh:

We were in London when it started there and webhave been to Paris for the last day. Not cyclist myself but I enjoy watching. I am not interested in tennis either.

My buddy is coming over today, so we're going to tool around the lake on the boat, then have a little campfire out back tonight in the fire pit to make S'mores, tell stories, and keep the neighbors awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom