The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday brought an increase in the tax on alcoholic beverages here:

"Somchai Poolsavasdi, director-general of the Thailand’s Excise Department, told a briefing........ beer will rise by 0.50 baht per can and 2.66 baht per bottle..."

A can contains 330 ml of beer, a bottle either 320 ml (small) or 640 ml (large).

Saturday brought an increase in the tax on alcoholic beverages here:

"Somchai Poolsavasdi, director-general of the Thailand’s Excise Department, told a briefing........ beer will rise by 0.50 baht per can and 2.66 baht per bottle..."

A can contains 330 ml of beer, a bottle either 320 ml (small) or 640 ml (large).

Thats about a penny? Could be worse, eh?

Thats about a penny? Could be worse, eh?

There is currently Bht 44.50 to the Sterling, so 50 satang would be around a penny, yes. However, as Somchai appears to not have a clue what he's talking about, one never knows.

It is apparent that the main stores have not yet introduced the increases.

There is currently Bht 44.50 to the Sterling, so 50 satang would be around a penny, yes. However, as Somchai appears to not have a clue what he's talking about, one never knows.

It is apparent that the main stores have not yet introduced the increases.

Why would bottles increase more than cans?

Yesterday we drove to Manchester, had lunch with a couple of friends then drove into the town to check in to the Premier Inn for the night as we went to a gig in the evening. The guy who checked us in was lovely asked if we knew how to get to the venue etc..really nice guy. He told us our room number, 10th floor 'gorgeous view of the beach' :laugh:

In what way is this unusual for a politician ?

A few years ago, the prime minister decreed that in future it would be illegal to sell alcohol in the vicinity of an establishment of learning.

Last edited:
Hello - I'm back!

Well, I am finally out of hospital after 2 months. I have so many medical appointments I don't know if I am coming or going and to top it all off, I can't drive yet either! Great. Hopefully I will be able to get back to coming into the site more often, but I still can't stand long enough to even consider chopping up a vegetable, let alone cooking, so it is going to be a while yet before I am back in the kitchen again.

And my chooks are laying around a dozen eggs a day. Sometimes it is a baker's dozen and other times it is the exact opposite but it averages out at around a dozen a day. All the blue eggs are kept for friend who breeds. They are called Easter Eggers. The eggs those (unborn) chicks lay can be any colour from blue to olive green to white to brown. She sells then for $8 per chick. I get $4 a chick. Half a dozen eggs a day are made into an omelette (over cooked and cooled) and fed back to the chooks which they love. It still leaves me with an awful lot of eggs and roughly 7 or 8 more pullets that have yet to start laying! Oops. Good thing I like eggs.

We were supposed to be going to London today but this cold has knocked me for 6 so instead we are having a quiet day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom