The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for a pitcher of Youthberry and Orange Blossom tea.

I actually saw my lawn for the first time in months yesterday, but we had another 6" of snow last night. It's melting fast, though.

0402181302a_HDR.jpg

We have a wedding tomorrow. 08:30 in the bloody morning!

What's wrong with these people?

I'm not looking forward to it.

Any decent scran?

I guessed that it would be "Chinese Table" and it was.

Standard fare for weddings and house warmings. Hors d'oeuvres of pork sausage, pork meat balls, 100 year old eggs, pickled sliced ginger and peanuts. Then tom yam pla (fish), roast duck, chicken soup, squid som tam, steamed tilapia fish then fried rice and rambutan in sweet sauce to conclude.

It's 35 degC and the beer was warm!

Last edited:
They just had replay of the full monty here the other day, I didn't watch it......again.

I can't remember how many minutes that I enjured it the first time before turning it off. I've never ever considered watching it again!

I've finally managed to identify a new bird I saw in the garden yesterday. It's s new Holland Honeyeater. Nice looking bird in black, white and yellow.

And when we got home last night there was a surprise for us. When we go out during the day, at the moment we are not letting the chooks free range when we're not around. So given the change in the hour last Sunday (fall back into autumn), we got home in the dark last night, and it had been dark for quite some time because we took hubby's boss home after my mri scan. So the surprise... It went to lock up the chooks and started with the newbies on the veranda. Lifted up the rock holding the lid down and prepared to lift their lid when I spotted one of my little girls roosting on top of the cage... she's meant to be in the chook house with all my other chicks and chooks. Presumably at some point yesterday she decided to leave her friends and the safety of the outer enclosure and free range by herself. Then at dark finding she couldn't get back in our being hungry had come back to where she was hatched and grew up... Only to find no food and us not in!
At least she roosted somewhere secure(ish). Better there than in a tree or under the house alone where we would not have found her. She's a lovely little girl, very friendly and loves nothing more than a cuddle from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom