The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...cold here too and grey and drizzly. 7 C. I drove to the big Next superstore and after half an hours wandering about I couldn't find anything I could possibly wear. Dull clothes...

I just got back from getting kitty food and going to a Mediterranean market not quite 20 minutes from home, where I picked up some fenugreek, green cardamom pods (wow are they expensive), sumac, and pomegranate molasses. I picked the Persian cookbook as my prize for the cake contest and we're making 1 of the dishes from it this week. They were pulling freshly baked pita breads out of the oven while I was there making the place smell wonderful.

One of my favourite ingredients...
I miss date molasses so much. Pomegranate molasses has its uses but date molasses has far more in my kitchen.

Mind you I've just found out how much I miss my walk in pantry now I don't have one. I'm having a really hard time trying to get everything into cupboards and drawers. It simply doesn't work.

It was freakin' snowing out this morning!

Just flurries, but c'mon now.

I think Mother Nature saw my beach body and decided that I needed another month...

0430181037d_HDR.jpg

At least the weather was better here today - so why do I feel down? It happens I suppose. No particular reason. Tomorrow is another day...:)

Hey all,
I am still breathing. Computer dead and buried . Haven't gotten a new one yet. This week for sure.
Can't wait to show you pictures of my garden boxes and my herb pots.
G built 2 new table height boxes. We moved the 2 existing boxes from the patio to the side of his shop. That was a chore. The soil had to be removed from each box . 17+ cubic feet each. So I have 4 lovely 4'x4' table height boxes filled with wonderful veggies . I also have pots with herbs.
I cannot help myself . I pet and talk to my plants every morning and evening .
Miss you all bunches. I will be back full steam this week .

Miss you all bunches. I will be back full steam this week .
We have been missing you too @ElizabethB! So glad you will be back and can't wait to see that garden. I've been planting a little bit too (no - delete that, I got my nice gardener to plant things) - redcurrants, gooseberry and herbs.

For my part its Morning Glory seeds (Ipomoea). I hope every year they will flower. One year they did and people stopped in the street to see the window boxes. Last 4 years - nothing! Tomorrow is planting day for the Morning Glory seeds...

Food.com/Genius kitchen has been a PITA for the last week (for me at least). The problems appear to be solved now.

I made mayo for the first time ever last night. Next time I'll use a smaller egg, much smaller... I might try to work out the quantities for a bantam egg. It will be a much more useful quantity of mayonnaise.

It was a success though. But I do need to suss out how much Coleman's mustard powder to use instead of Dijon (which I don't have). I've just established that I have a much smaller storage area overall. I'm going to miss my old pantry.

What method did you use?

I always use my immersion/stick blender nowadays. My god what a revelation that was!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom