The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I was discussing computer systems with a contact and she said that their company system was set up in 1982, I commented that I was still at school then, she replied that she hadn't even been born, yeah thanks for making me sound like an old git :laugh:,
I was at work :facepalm:

Deep

IMG_20180805_091618_786.jpg

I have been steadily clearing the top of our garden but last night became aware that we had a hedgehog there so I shall be taking time to find a suitable des res so that we are not evicting our neighbour.

We have decided to build a house for our resident hedgehog, we have the bits to do it but we just need to sort out the place to out it once assembled.

I would like to take a day off work this week when it is cooler so that I can get cracking in the garden, thing is next Monday our new accountant/my new boss starts with us so there will be too much happening in preparation.

We have just watched the film Florence Foster Jenkins, it made me cry, I cried when we watched it at the cinema, a truly lovely film.

Which kind? Green or Greater or Lesser Spotted?
Sorry. Not a 'birdy' person - the entire bird population is classified as either 1 - seed eating dick dicks 2 - aquatic dick dicks [includes the sea going variety] or 3 - enormous scary meat eating dick dicks. Looking it up it had the red crest and it was quite small so I'm going for the lesser spotted variety.

Sorry. Not a 'birdy' person - the entire bird population is classified as either 1 - seed eating dick dicks 2 - aquatic dick dicks [includes the sea going variety] or 3 - enormous scary meat eating dick dicks. Looking it up it had the red crest and it was quite small so I'm going for the lesser spotted variety.

:laugh:

Well its easy to tell. They are very different. Was it green with a red cap or was it black and white with red bits?

02_H3040505008_0060.JPG Grote_bonte_specht.JPG

Great-spotted woodpeckers are something of a misnomer, being roughly the size of a starling. 'Lesser' are even smaller and pretty rare in the UK. Great-spotted is more likely, I'd say.

A curious occurrence this morning while walking home with some shopping. No less than five pound coins lying about on the pavement and in the gutter, all within a small radius. I can only assume that some drunk had a balance problem last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom