The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to work with a woman who complained about the temperature/weather every single day. We gauged that she had a tilting point of around 17 or 18 Celsius. Anything below that was "freezing" and anything above was "baking."

Admittedly, she was a prize idiot.

My boss feels the cold a lot, 1 day she chastised me for not wearing a jacket when walking into work, I was hot so a jacket would have been too much.

My boss feels the cold a lot, 1 day she chastised me for not wearing a jacket when walking into work, I was hot so a jacket would have been too much.

When I worked in Kuala Lumpur many of the girls would keep jackets or cardigans in the office to wear after they arrived!

As long as the sun is shining I don't care what the temperature is.

I'm not sure that you will still say that at 45 degC plus. Actually when the sun is out it doesn't feel as hot as when it isn't. When overcast the humidity rises and it becomes very oppressive. We've been lucky up to now this year, I cannot remember a temperature of over 40 degC.

I'm not sure that you will still say that at 45 degC plus. Actually when the sun is out it doesn't feel as hot as when it isn't. When overcast the humidity rises and it becomes very oppressive. We've been lucky up to now this year, I cannot remember a temperature of over 40 degC.
Fair comment! We briefly hit 40 deg C in Cyprus a couple of weeks ago, but generally it was mid to high thirties. Whilst that's OK on holiday (sitting in the shade drinking cold beer is no hardship) I don't envy those who have to work in such temperatures.

Fair comment! We briefly hit 40 deg C in Cyprus a couple of weeks ago, but generally it was mid to high thirties. Whilst that's OK on holiday (sitting in the shade drinking cold beer is no hardship) I don't envy those who have to work in such temperatures.

I shall never forget driving past a steelworks just to the south of Doha, Qatar when the temperature was approaching 50 degC. At least the doors were open.

(We had some excuse for aircon in the car but at least it was something).

Weird - very weird to me. What are you both afraid of? Do you wash new duvet covers/sheets from the packet too? Flannels, towels?

I'm amazed you'd do that. I've with @Lullabelle - everything (new or 2nd hand) that I buy goes in the washing machine before being worn

It isn't fear I just like freshly laundered undies, as with outer clothes I like them fresh and clean when I put them on.

Towels and bed linen are washed before use, duvet covers are folded so many times I like to wash them to loosen them up.

Last edited:
Oops. Typo. The milk float was not cruel!
I'm sticking to water. It is so hot. I wish I could put the fan on.

We had a fan on overnight, doesn't bother either of us as it is quiet, neither of us could sleep without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom