The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were supposed to be going to a bbq today but it has been called off due to bad weather, a shame but we can do it another time and our gardens really need this rain.

We are sat on the sofa watching the last stage of this years Tour De France as is tradition, we have the chocolate and the fizz to celebrate.

I was teary yesterday. We have seen him many times when he was on the track and have watched him become the strong confident rider he is today.

I think it was when he cycled the whole of the Tour with a broken pelvis that I first realised what a gutsy rider he is

Interesting too that yet another winner of the Criterium goes on to claim the Yellow jersey in the Tour.

I wonder if he'll ride the Vuelta? It'll be interesting to see if Sky can win all three classics this year

I don't know how many people on here folow the Tour De France but we follow it every year and this year has been pretty special, I have cried tears of joy for Geraint Thomas.

IMG_20180729_192302_204.jpg

20180729_185053.jpg

I watched the whole of the last stage today. I wouldn't normally sit still for that duration but I am feeling grotty with a sore throat so it was perfect and very special win.

There is a radio commercial that starts out "Who would win a race, a "Tour" rider on a tenspeed or an 11 year old girl on a tricycle?" News flash twit, I don't know any 11 year old, boy or girl that rides a tricycle!:headshake:Most are on bikes before age 7.

There is a radio commercial that starts out "Who would win a race, a "Tour" rider on a tenspeed or an 11 year old girl on a tricycle?" News flash twit, I don't know any 11 year old, boy or girl that rides a tricycle!:headshake:Most are on bikes before age 7.

Radio and tv commercials over here are really quite bad at times, 1 local radio station is so banal it is unreal :headshake:

What a difference a day makes, folks at work are back in long sleeve tops, shivering and complaining about the cold :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom