The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its getting silly isn't it?

It is and getting hotter apparently :(

I work in a cool office but walking home in this heat is hard. I had a shower when I got home, by the time I dressed I needed another shower :o_o: It is the lack of sleep that is really getting to me,

It is and getting hotter apparently :(

I work in a cool office but walking home in this heat is hard. I had a shower when I got home, by the time I dressed I needed another shower :o_o: It is the lack of sleep that is really getting to me,

I'm sleeping in the cellar which is blissfully cool. In fact, I'm thinking of moving in there permanently! I doubt I'd last the night if I slept in my hot first floor south facing bedroom.

Talking of temperatures, there are times when I am wandering about when I wonder if some people were born without sweat glands. You wouldn't believe the number of people walking around in coats/fleeces/quilted jackets/body warmers, etc.

On a completely different subject, I was reading a load of stuff in the papers about the national archives, which are essentially government secrets that get released after x number of years, depending on their level of secrecy and importance. One thing that jumped out at me was that the Thatcher government had a long list of civil servants who were deemed to be "subversive." Near the top of this list were computer operators at the Department of Health and Social Security (DHSS).

As a former DHSS computer operator, I must say I felt a small glow of pride.

Talking of temperatures, there are times when I am wandering about when I wonder if some people were born without sweat glands. You wouldn't believe the number of people walking around in coats/fleeces/quilted jackets/body warmers, etc.

I walk to work in the mornings and I see people in jackets :o_o:

I wear a fleece every evening inside the house - to the bewilderment of my neighbours: it's often been in excess of 30C here recently.

I live in an old house with stone walls about 1-metre thick so downstairs it can be 15 degrees cooler than outside.

So after a cycle ride (hot), and a hot shower, and something hot to eat - the last thing I want to do is get cold. So I wrap up well....

@Duck59 - maybe the people you saw wearing coats had all been jogging earlier ?

Tesco are doing a meal deal: buttie, crisps and a small bottle of pop for £3.00. Their butties are better than the coop.

On my way into work I walk alongside a quiet back road, this morning a retired lady had her dog with her, he wasn't on a lead nor trained as he was running around and ignoring her. I was concerned because there are cars around so when he ran to me for a tickle I held onto him so she could but a collar on him. She thanked me and told me my good deed was the start to a good day :headshake:nope, glad to be of help though.

One of my colleagues and his partner have taken on 3 rescue cats fron the RSPCA, 2 brothers and their sister, I find 1 is more than enough but 3 :ohmy:

One of my colleagues and his partner have taken on 3 rescue cats fron the RSPCA, 2 brothers and their sister, I find 1 is more than enough but 3 :ohmy:

20 years ago we had five cats in the house - they keep each other company, but it cost a small fortune in cat food/litter

Vet fees are hideous, she has a check up and boosters every year otherwise the cattery won't take her in.

Oh yes - I forgot about the vet fees (it was a long time ago). Goodness only knows what the Vet fee budget would be in 2018 for five cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom