The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early to bed this evening. Up again at 01:00 for the USA Grand Prix.

Not in a good mood.

Shed load of money today for a new television.

Shed load of money tomorrow for a new washing machine.

crying emojo.jpg
crying emojo.jpg

Yorkshiremen find this very distressing.

(Definition of a Yorkshireman (or woman) - similar to the Scots but without the generosity.)

This evening we went to a gig, Glenn Tilbrook, the blonde one from Squeeze. Just him and his guitars, playing old stuff and newish stuff, a fun couple of hours singing along to some favourite tunes :D

Just back from my first outpatient rehab session .now exhausted .
And for my husband's best trick so far, my first time driving since June and he gets out and leaves me in the centre of Canberra in the morning rush hour in the middle of the roadworks with the words "you know how to get to the hospital from here don't you? " that will be the new hospital that is neither signposted or on our very out of date satnav system. Er no, not really. You're the one who drove from your work to the hospital to see me remember !
I had had daft ideas of my first time driving being something easy like the dirt road outside our home where I only really need to concentrate on staying on the road and missing dead kangaroo (missing live ones is helpful as well but the grass is greener in the valleys right now so that's where they are , not on the mountain top where we live) or perhaps the main highway where again avoiding kangaroos is your major preoccupation, but no , the centre of a capital city ,in rush hour where it has major roadworks because they are installing (?) a tramway whilst navigating to an unsigned hospital a half hours drive away .

Apologies for random grammar , my keyboard had decided that , and. Are not always grammar but letters of the alphabet in their own right and as such does not remove the space and put them in the right way. As such they have this random approach and because they are not grammar , get stranded by themselves and don't always prompt for a capital letter afterwards . Problem is, it is totally random in its application so I have no idea as to what the problem is our how to remedy it .

And for my husband's best trick so far, my first time driving since June and he gets out and leaves me in the centre of Canberra in the morning rush hour in the middle of the roadworks with the words "you know how to get to the hospital from here don't you? " that will be the new hospital that is neither signposted or on our very out of date satnav system. Er no, not really. You're the one who drove from your work to the hospital to see me remember !
I had had daft ideas of my first time driving being something easy like the dirt road outside our home where I only really need to concentrate on staying on the road and missing dead kangaroo (missing live ones is helpful as well but the grass is greener in the valleys right now so that's where they are , not on the mountain top where we live) or perhaps the main highway where again avoiding kangaroos is your major preoccupation, but no , the centre of a capital city ,in rush hour where it has major roadworks because they are installing (?) a tramway whilst navigating to an unsigned hospital a half hours drive away .

Apologies for random grammar , my keyboard had decided that , and. Are not always grammar but letters of the alphabet in their own right and as such does not remove the space and put them in the right way. As such they have this random approach and because they are not grammar , get stranded by themselves and don't always prompt for a capital letter afterwards . Problem is, it is totally random in its application so I have no idea as to what the problem is our how to remedy it .

Okay.... we can tell you are very much stressed. Sit or lay down, chill out, take a load off, etc, etc, and most of all FEEL BETTER!!!!!

Oh dear! I hope you are feeling better now (well - it will be middle of the night for you now, I guess). But I hope you feel better in the morning. How are your chickens doing?

Hey - that keyboard really has gone crazy!

Are you sure it isn't your meds causing finger slippage :wink:

Shed load of money tomorrow for a new washing machine.

They came to deliver and install it today. In order to fit the supply water and discharge pipes, this kitchen unit panel needed to be removed to provide access.

lg washing machine s.jpg

The panel was replaced after installation but 2 hours later my wife decided it wasn't straight. Upon removing the panel again, the black cat emerged.

They came to deliver and install it today. In order to fit the supply water and discharge pipes, this kitchen unit panel needed to be removed to provide access.

View attachment 20094

The panel was replaced after installation but 2 hours later my wife decided it wasn't straight. Upon removing the panel again, the black cat emerged.
:ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom