The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lewis.jpg

Nope lol, just drinking and drinking and euchre. And racing yesterday. Then the drive home. Lazy day recovering. No pics. Was awesome though, but not one collect all,day. My worst ever result.

Russ

Sorry you didn't collect. I love horse racing but have only been a few times and always did well. Its the event which matters though.

Sorry you didn't collect. I love horse racing but have only been a few times and always did well. Its the event which matters though.

Lol, we are a racing family, so we go a lot. I even visited glorious good wood when last in the uk. Loved it. Money oozing everywhere. I'm normally a good punter, I study breeding etc. and I like to look at the horses in the parade ring, I pick the fit healthy ones. With a nice coat. Kaikoura is a big day.
Russ

Received the first quarterly electricity bill since daughter and son moved out. Its less than half what it normally was! I don't suppose it will make any difference to the gas bill though...

By coincidence, my gas bottle ran out today during the cooking of my soup. I always keep a spare and the changeover only takes a few minutes. However, we shall need to remember to order another. They cost around £7.50 but last around 4 to 5 months.

By coincidence, my gas bottle ran out today during the cooking of my soup. I always keep a spare and the changeover only takes a few minutes. However, we shall need to remember to order another. They cost around £7.50 but last around 4 to 5 months.

You would not believe the size of my gas bill compared to that! Do you pay much for electricity in Thailand, @Yorky?

You would not believe the size of my gas bill compared to that! Do you pay much for electricity in Thailand, @Yorky?

Obviously we don't have heating (although there are times when it would be nice). Gas is used purely for cooking, all other power required is electric. Our electric bill varies between around ฿ 1,200.00 (£28.00) p.m. in our winter and ฿ 1,800.00 (£45.00) p.m. in our summer (mainly aircon).

For information, the rates for electricity are:

Electricity - Domestic
Service charge (up to 15 amps) 38.22 Bht/m*
Service charge (over 15 amps) 46.16 Bht/m*
up to 50 kwh/m - free.
0 - 150 kwh/m 3.2484 Bht/Kwh*
151 - 400 kwh/m 4.2218 Bht/Kwh*
401 upwards kwh/m 4.4217 Bht/Kwh*
Current ft. charge (fuel surcharge) -0.1590 Bht/Kwh*

* Plus V.A.T. (currently 7%)

[To add: water costs us about £3.50 p.m. (metered), rubbish collection (once/week) 50 pence p.m., and, up to now, in 18 years, we've paid bugger all in rates].

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom