The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was recently here and in an interview he just walked out. A bit precious I thought. I've never really warmed to him.

Rudd

A while ago there was a documentary about the band, they had split but a few years later decided to get back together and tour, they came across as 4 really awful people, really shallow.

Will I be you if I get 8 hours sleep?

:p:

I'm 54 now, so I figure I'll slow down in 20 years or so.

Just a young buck,lol. I have a friend who is a butcher . He retired about 6 years ago, he still works about 4 days a week, including weekends as a fill in butcher. He says he can't survive on the pension. Messy divorce didn't help.

Russ

I've been watching the ongoing wildfires here for about a day and a half. Last night I received an email for mandatory evacuation, but it wasn't close to my area. I don't think it's close to me. It's hard to tell because it's hard to see Any distance from where I am. Hardly slept, and keeping a bag half packed in case. The air smells terrible.

I've been watching the ongoing wildfires here for about a day and a half. Last night I received an email for mandatory evacuation, but it wasn't close to my area. I don't think it's close to me. It's hard to tell because it's hard to see Any distance from where I am. Hardly slept, and keeping a bag half packed in case. The air smells terrible.

I was wondering if we had any members in the California area - the fires have been on our main news here. This is really horrific and I know I'd be terrified. I really hope you won't need to evacuate.

How are you?

Out of Harm's Way, for now. Thank goodness. Glued to the news. The winds are picking up today. That's not good. It's unpredictable. Lost the internet intermittently last night. I have power though. Hopefully the firefighters will knock it down in the next few days. Thank you for thinking of me lulabelle and Morning Glory :)

A Yellow Pages directory has been posted through our letterbox, didn't know they were still in production. It is a final edition so will keep it, may be worth a fortune in a few years time :wink:

Goodbye faithful old CRT TV:
Hello 21st century.

The problem is now that the sound of the new TV is transmitted through the hi-fi receiver. I'll now need to dig out my notes on the 12 months course that I took to learn the remote control!

denon remote s.jpg

On a real-life/non-TV show topic, I saw a meteor last night as I drove down the mountain while heading into work.

It was very low (maybe @ 10,000 feet?), moving incredibly fast and was incredibly bright as it broke apart and burned up.

I wonder if any appreciable amount of it survived to reach the earth?

On a real-life/non-TV show topic, I saw a meteor last night as I drove down the mountain while heading into work.

It was very low (maybe @ 10,000 feet?), moving incredibly fast and was incredibly bright as it broke apart and burned up.

I wonder if any appreciable amount of it survived to reach the earth?

Cool :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom