The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In amidst my health playing up again (another hospital admission and major scare), I've had chance to have a look around our garden (whilst playing hunt the eggs again). Our jasmine which is both pink and white depending on which side you look at it is doing really well . The smell is heavenly. Another which had really surprised me is the lemon tree. The flowers are significantly fewer in number than the jasmine but outdo even it in fragrance. I had no idea their perfume was so heady. And we have the most amazing rose bush which is a camellia rose .the flowers start off yellow and end up dark red by the time they are spent. The bush (think very large bush/small tree) is absolutely covered in flowers of all colours at the moment.

Something at least to take my mind off my ongoing health concerns and visiting in-laws . I'm spotting a pattern though. Each time parents visit ,I end up in hospital as an emergency.. .

20181109081708_IMG_1414.JPG

Warning issued after teetotal vegan non-smoker bores himself to death

Fresh concerns have been raised over the safety of healthy lifestyles after a study found that people following them invariably die eventually anyway.

A team of scientists from Rochdale’s Community University found that people who ate fruit, went for a jog, didn’t smoke and drank no alcohol were exactly as likely to die as chain smoking drunks and fatties.

“The findings are worrying.” One researcher told the Rochdale Herald. “In one extreme case a bloke died of a boredom induced cardiac arrest just talking about how little alcohol he drank, how he had never even tried a cigarette and the benefits of a meat free diet.”

“Pretty much everything is bad for you, or good for you depending upon which day you’re reading the news. Last year butter was bad for you and this year it’s good for you.”

“I research this stuff and I’m pretty bored by it all. Fortunately I smoke twenty a day and I’m rarely sober, I’m taking no chances.”

After believing that the cold weather was upon us, it's been 25/35 degC the last couple of days. The duvet is back in the wardrobe.

My dad is in the local hospital, The General, and it is old! You know those programmes about ghosts haunting the corridors, well, I can believe it with that place, it is so spooky. It dates back to 1905.

Last edited:
It's heartbreaking to see the devastation on the left coast.

We had a nasty snow and ice storm here last night. People were stuck on highways, some for 10 hours or more.

I took the night off; glad I did. I just spent 3 hours with my son using the snowblower and shovels to clear the driveway and front walk.

Geez there are some morons on the road, driving back from a restaurant a guy pulled out of a side road, so busy looking 1 way he failed to notice a bright orange mini just inches from his car, he just carried on oblivious to the traffic, thankfully my husbands reactions are very quick or it could have been very messy :mad:

We call red heads rangas down here, I'll put something up when I find it. There are a lot of red heads in Coro at the moment. Lol.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom