The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How fantastic that you are doing that. I've never head of 'minis' - in the UK we have Shetland ponies which are small. I'll have to Google. Do you have any photos? Would love to see them. There is a thread: Show us your pet.
Morning Glory....

I rescued a shetland a few years ago, named him D'rtanion. He was badly beaten and starved. A 7 yr old girl adopted him from me. He's spoiled, fat and happy. Part of my adoption contract says I can show up and inspect... I did and he's doing great!

Loved pics of horses. I used to race horses, when they came to the end my trainer rehomed them. He also checks on them. One I raced about 12 years ago just died a few weeks ago from colic. My trainer rang me and told me.

Russ

Loved pics of horses. I used to race horses, when they came to the end my trainer rehomed them. He also checks on them. One I raced about 12 years ago just died a few weeks ago from colic. My trainer rang me and told me.

Russ

Its tough loosing a beloved animal.

Lullabelle, That to me is as brutal as the frigid temps here. The damp bone eating chill of English winters... aaack.

The wind is really biting, just been outside for a couple of minutes to top up the bird feeder and wash the cat's tray, my hands are like ice :(

I'm sitting here at 7:3am wrapped up and feeling cold. It's 19C outside. In a few months I'll be grateful of that as a maximum daytime temp, but today is a minimum . Overnight temps at the moment are quite warm. Starting at 30C around bedtime but within a couple of hours they are down to 20C for the remainder of the night. Because it's overcast and drizzling it's not going to get warm for a while yet.
Typical max min differences are 20C so it's not uncommon to start the day at 20C in the summer and peak at 40C in the late afternoon . It climbs very rapidly from the overnight temp to get very hot ,very quickly . But not today. It's a public holiday (it was Australia Day on Saturday just gone) so I'm expecting it to be like the UK, rain all day ,but I won't complain too much. We're still in a drought and my taps in the garden are still without water because the height of the water in the dam is still too low for the outlet valve to be under water . We need a lot of rain still do it would be useful if this extreme heatwave would come to an end.
Thankfully I've not lost any chicks or chooks to the heat , just a couple of chicks to their mothers sadly.

We are possibly due snow in a couple of days :hyper:

This morning 1 of our colleagues bought in cake, so light it can't have any calories in it :whistling:

There is a lot of talk about snow that is due to fall this afternoon, we rarely get much so it is no big deal but trouble is some people only half listen to the weather report and hear what they want to hear so for some people we will need to leave early today because it will be heavy and we will get snowed in, in actual fact we will probably get under an inch :facepalm:

Due to snow here today too (I'm in Essex at the moment) but not until 9 pm - more due tomorrow so I'm stocking up on food for the next few days - not because we are likely to be snowed in but because I simply don't feel safe walking on snow/ice. If I fall over I will break bones.

Due to snow here today too (I'm in Essex at the moment) but not until 9 pm - more due tomorrow so I'm stocking up on food for the next few days - not because we are likely to be snowed in but because I simply don't feel safe walking on snow/ice. If I fall over I will break bones.

We are still monitoring the Dennis cat's movements when outside. Two days ago I had cause to retrieve her before she jumped to the wall but on my way back to the stoep, I put my foot in an indentation in the lawn and twisted my ankle leaving me spreadeagled and the Dennis cat running for cover. It took me quite a time to recover but at least there was no bones broken.

Snow here and I've had to cancel my afternoon and evening plans. I was off to see my parents for dinner, a friend for a cuppa then more friends for a meeting. Unfortunately they live near the peaks so I was unlikely to get there and definitely would not be able to get home tonight.

Not so bad where we are.

We have leftover curry from last night to keep us warm.

At work today we had a visitor so I ordered lunch, the production manager looked at the green bed of leaves underneath the sandwiches and asked what is that? I replied spinach, have you never seen spinach before, no he replied. That surprised me to be honest because it is a common leaf and he isn't a fussy eater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom