The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm off our today. A rare treat. Only the second time I have left the house since I was discharged from hospital 5 weeks or so ago.

It's for a hospital appointment!

Try to enjoy? :) I have sometimes enjoyed hospital visits. You get to meet new people. Its a change of scene. Unexpected things happen... OK, who am I trying to kid?

Try to enjoy? :) I have sometimes enjoyed hospital visits. You get to meet new people. Its a change of scene. Unexpected things happen... OK, who am I trying to kid?
This is a physiology appointment. I have 12 months support from the rehab team to help me continue to recover. I'm finding having lost those 2 months in hospital quite hard to deal with tbh. Nearly dying hasn't bothered me anywhere near as much!

The plan is to go to the national museum after the appointment, then lunch out and on to the botanical gardens after lunch! It's going to be 27C here today.

deepavalli.jpg

I am cooking dinner this evening, M&S packet mix Thai green curry, my husband usually cooks but he does it properly, I am using a packet mix, just add meat or fish and coriander if required. I really need to cook more so today I am making an effort.

We are having a lazy day today, my husband is involved with the local Sunday morning velo club but the wind today is far too strong which would make cycling dangerous so for the 1st time this year it has been cancelled for safety reasons, I was going to go out for a run but again not a good idea with so much debris flying around, however our neighbour is trying to mow his saturated lawn, not sure what I feel sorry for the most-his hacked lawn or struggling mower :facepalm:

We went for a walk earlier, mostly sideways.. that wind is really strong, broken tree branches everywhere, some of our plants have lost limbs :(

It was unusually warm here today, and calm. Meanwhile, I stayed inside. I started a small jar of preserved Meyer lemons, put up a short quart of pickles to brine, did three loads of wash (swapping out summer bed toppings for winter ones), and fixed a rather nice supper. Tomorrow, I sit. Well, I sit as best as I can - I like being up and doing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom