The General Chat Thread (2024)?

Just received some bad news.
Seems 2024 is to carry on the way 2023 played out.

A family member of my step brother has taken her own life just a few hours ago. :(
I can guess the reason, but at this stage won't say anything other than what I've said previously; they are the Israeli part of the family.

I just hope that his eldest daughter, who has estranged herself from our family, has the strength to carry on. The 2 that have taken their lives in the less than 12 months were both close friends of her's.

A tragedy someone has to reach that stage to do that. There is help out there.
Condolences satnav

Russ

It's a bit moist here.

1_Crow-Mills2-credit-Phil-Claridge.jpg
0_Thurcaston-Road-flooding2 (1).jpg

Great start to the year, yesterday 1 person called in sick, today someone else cannot get through the floods, 1 is awol.

Since AT&T ran their new fiber optic lines, my Darins have been running a bit slow. Then all the rain last night, and a shower this morning had sewage backing up into the house. 🤢

The contractor did horizontal coring for the new cable conduits, and drilled right trough my main sewer line. The rain cause the line to fill with mud, and plugged it up completely.

I called my plumber, and they scoped the line. Estimate, 2,000 bucks. :eek:

I called the City of Frisco ROW enforcement department, and they sent a guy out to see what the plumbers had found. He then called the contractor, and told him to pay the plumbers, so I wouldn't have to front the money and get reimbursed.

My front garden is quite a mess, and now I have a nasty shower to scrub down. 🤢

CD

Since AT&T ran their new fiber optic lines, my Darins have been running a bit slow. Then all the rain last night, and a shower this morning had sewage backing up into the house. 🤢

The contractor did horizontal coring for the new cable conduits, and drilled right trough my main sewer line. The rain cause the line to fill with mud, and plugged it up completely.

I called my plumber, and they scoped the line. Estimate, 2,000 bucks. :eek:

I called the City of Frisco ROW enforcement department, and they sent a guy out to see what the plumbers had found. He then called the contractor, and told him to pay the plumbers, so I wouldn't have to front the money and get reimbursed.

My front garden is quite a mess, and now I have a nasty shower to scrub down. 🤢

CD
Did they not have a map or are they morons?

Did they not have a map or are they morons?

They are morons. Everything under the ground was clearly marked. They just push their low-tech horizontal boring machine through, and if they hit something, they just pay for the damage. They hit natural gas lines on a regular basis. It brings out the Fire Department, and the gas company spends the next is hours digging up some poor homeowners front yard and fixing the damage.

AT&T uses as many as four stacked contractors and subcontractors to limit their liability, should a contractor blow up a neighborhood hitting a gas line.

The city of Frisco created a whole new department just to deal with all the damage being done by AT&T fiber optic contractors. That's who came to my house today, saw the damage, and made the phone call that saved me from having to front the $2,000 repair bill, and hope to eventually get it back from AT&T.

CD

Last edited:
Wow, looks like Houston. Does the UK have federal flood insurance available?

CD
Nope they’re busy ruining peoples lives by allowing insurance companies to refuse to insure for flood and making the homes unsalable due to mortgage companies refusing to lend without It.

I have plenty of swear words available for what they‘re doing to ordinary folk.

It always seems odd with disasters. We have full insurance for everything. Floods in north island recently people lost their houses by the 100s. The government set a price to reimburse owners that didn't have any insurance. So why doni pay for insurance????
I get p@##$^ off about it.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom