The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Francesca Olbia and the surroundings are fantastic, although I'm not a fan of Porto Cervo but the sea there is like heaven. I love Arzachena and Porto Rotondo.Anyway, it's a great idea to rent a car! Maybe your daughter in law and your son still know it but I suggest to made a trip to Tavolara Isle ( Olbia) with a boat or also Cala Molara and Cala Molarotto. Well, Cagliari is amazing. All that area is super. Villasimius,Castiadas. But there is a place very special: if they have time they can't miss to visit the Dune di Porto Pino-Sant'Annarresi (Giba).And the cities of Santa Margherita di Pula and Nora (fenician).

@MypinchofItaly

I shall definitely call them after lunch and tell them !!!

I appreciate very much all your recommendations.

Thank you so much ..

Have a lovely lovely day.
Ciao ..

Something I have noticed in recent years is how scarce butterflies seem to have become. Admittedly, one would not expect to see vast numbers where I live, but they seem to be quite a rare sight these days. We have reached the point of saying, "Ooh, look, a butterfly!" whenever we see one.

While I appreciate that memory is an unreliable thing - and possibly golden-tinted - I seem to recall seeing lots of butterflies in my youth. Does anyone else have the sense of a diminishing population?

Something I have noticed in recent years is how scarce butterflies seem to have become. Admittedly, one would not expect to see vast numbers where I live, but they seem to be quite a rare sight these days. We have reached the point of saying, "Ooh, look, a butterfly!" whenever we see one.

While I appreciate that memory is an unreliable thing - and possibly golden-tinted - I seem to recall seeing lots of butterflies in my youth. Does anyone else have the sense of a diminishing population?

We don't seem to get as many as we used to, climate, lack if enticing flowers? Get a lot of big moths though.

Very rarely seen any in the last couple of years, but this year I have had plenty, especially pretty little blue ones, and even the red admirals seem to have returned. I saw one that can only be described as a black admiral - it had no red on it whatsoever. Moths seem to be in short supply though, except for the little ones that love landing in the bath or eating clothes.

Not many butterflies here but we are blessed with bees

I plant "lambs ear" along the borders of my gardens & lavender along the paths. So many bees it freaks out my OH as he is allergic to their sting. We also have a large shrub that has tiny pale pink star shaped flowers that positively hums with bees.

We won't talk about the dreaded cabbage white moths.

On Sunday at our local pub they had live bands, The Bed and breakfast Men- 2 guys who play Madness records on ukuleles, The Sound Of Simon-2 guys covering Simon & Garfunkle records- they were really good, The Fab 2- 2 guys covering The Beatles stuff-1 guy dressed up for the role the other didn't so was a bit strange but not bad, then they had The Austrian Stones covering The Rolling Stones stuff-they were really good, the crowd were lubricated and merry so it was a really good set.It was the beer festival all weekend but we only went in on Sunday from about 12.30-20.30, I had 1 glass of diet coke, 1 glass of lemonade, 1 rum & coke and the equivalent to 1 and a half pints of very week beer. Husband had a good few pints of the strong stuff yet he was fine Monday morning, I felt hung-over :o_o:

@morning glory

Nocturnal moths are a horrid brown looking butterfly ( not butterflies ) and they attack woolens ! And fly in a frenzy around lighting fixtures .. If you don´t live in front of alot of trees, you probably do not have this problem.

I believe they are the transformation of a "Caterpillar" - tree dwellers ..

@morning glory

Nocturnal moths are a horrid brown looking butterfly ( not butterflies ) and they attack woolens ! And fly in a frenzy around lighting fixtures .. If you don´t live in front of alot of trees, you probably do not have this problem.

I believe they are the transformation of a "Caterpillar" - tree dwellers ..

I know what nocturnal moths are - I was referring to cabbage white moths mentioned by @Frizz1974. I know cabbage white butterflies but not moths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom