The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case, I might make 175. :hyper: Do I hear 200?

Just popping in for a few so you all know we survived the eclipse. :wink: A couple of quick notes:
~ @Francesca, glad to see that you and yours were not physically effected by the horrors of the events in Spain recently. My wish is that your hearts and souls heal quickly.
~ @morning glory, I, too, despise cleaning. In my opinion, dust is a protective coating on the furnishings. At least my kitchen is fairly immaculate.

Landed at our daughter's last night after a week on the road. What normally is a 625 mile 1005 km) trip for us evolved into 1910 miles (nearly 3075 km) house-to-house. Along the way we ate chain-restaurant food (it was convenient) and some very good local food. Also enjoyed smoked ribs made by hubby's cousin. We had a chance to visit with them while we were in Tennessee, enjoying a dinner of St. Louis style ribs, potato salad with bacon, and baked beans also made in the smoker. The food was wonderful - nearly as nice as the people we visited with.

Tonight we are off to downtown Cleveland, Ohio's Asia Town district. The last Friday of every month during the warmer weather has a festival called "Night Market". Since our younger niece moved to Taiwan with her husband a few years back, we have heard wonderful things about the "Night Market' they are able to visit whenever they want. This is the second summer that Cleveland has been holding Night Market, and from the looks of it online it could be a very interesting and amazing experience.

@Lynne Guinne

Firstly, I was travelling on a tour for 2 weeks in The Basque Country, quite far from Barcelona ( north central Spain) and my husband who is on vacation visiting the family; our 2 sons, 2 daughter in laws, both sets of parents and 2 sets of grand parents & 2 grand sons, live in Cadaques, on the Northeastern Coast, close to France full time.

I am now on the other side of the Pyrenées in Carcassone, France .. I will be in in south western France until the 28th .. And then be in route home to Barcelona.

My husband is on vacation and visiting the family. He will be in Barcelona on the 28th to meet me.

Thank you for your message.
Have a nice weekend.

We are taking my dad out to lunch today, his birthday is on Tuesday but we will be at work. The past couple of years we have gotthe family together to celebrate but not possible this year.

Well, how odd. We have been following a very funny tv series called Quacks, watched an episode this evening and I thought about the actor Rupert Everette because he wasn't in this episode, then out of nowhere I had a memory pop into my head. When we were kids there was a lady who lived a few doors down-a very posh lady and she had a dog called Rupert. Haven't thought about her in years. She would have passed on by now but she is now a very clear picture and memory in my head.

A couple of thunderstorms today. Other than that just continuous drizzle all day. Just like being in England.

Well, not quite. Our temperature is 28 degC.

puddles.jpg

Well, I'm still in hospital. More than 5 weeks have passed since that fateful doctors appointment and I'm now in rehab with an expected discharge date in October!
October! Oh dear, that's terrible. I suppose it's for the best, and I wish you godspeed and quick health during your recovery. And don't hit your therapist. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom