The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Sunday at our local pub they had live bands, The Bed and breakfast Men- 2 guys who play Madness records on ukuleles, The Sound Of Simon-2 guys covering Simon & Garfunkle records- they were really good, The Fab 2- 2 guys covering The Beatles stuff-1 guy dressed up for the role the other didn't so was a bit strange but not bad, then they had The Austrian Stones covering The Rolling Stones stuff-they were really good, the crowd were lubricated and merry so it was a really good set.It was the beer festival all weekend but we only went in on Sunday from about 12.30-20.30, I had 1 glass of diet coke, 1 glass of lemonade, 1 rum & coke and the equivalent to 1 and a half pints of very week beer. Husband had a good few pints of the strong stuff yet he was fine Monday morning, I felt hung-over :o_o:

It was the soft drink! All the sugar dehydrates you..

Red wine and dark chocolate is supposed to be good for you, in that case I will live to be over 100 :okay: :laugh:

The amount I have, I should live to over 150 :roflmao:
In that case, I might make 175. :hyper: Do I hear 200?

Just popping in for a few so you all know we survived the eclipse. :wink: A couple of quick notes:
~ @Francesca, glad to see that you and yours were not physically effected by the horrors of the events in Spain recently. My wish is that your hearts and souls heal quickly.
~ @morning glory, I, too, despise cleaning. In my opinion, dust is a protective coating on the furnishings. At least my kitchen is fairly immaculate.

Landed at our daughter's last night after a week on the road. What normally is a 625 mile 1005 km) trip for us evolved into 1910 miles (nearly 3075 km) house-to-house. Along the way we ate chain-restaurant food (it was convenient) and some very good local food. Also enjoyed smoked ribs made by hubby's cousin. We had a chance to visit with them while we were in Tennessee, enjoying a dinner of St. Louis style ribs, potato salad with bacon, and baked beans also made in the smoker. The food was wonderful - nearly as nice as the people we visited with.

Tonight we are off to downtown Cleveland, Ohio's Asia Town district. The last Friday of every month during the warmer weather has a festival called "Night Market". Since our younger niece moved to Taiwan with her husband a few years back, we have heard wonderful things about the "Night Market' they are able to visit whenever they want. This is the second summer that Cleveland has been holding Night Market, and from the looks of it online it could be a very interesting and amazing experience.

About that eclipse... It. Was. Amazing. We were smack-dab in the middle of the totality zone, so we were able to see about 2 minutes, 31 seconds of hidden sun. We watched with approved eclipse glasses until the last bit of sun was covered, then took them off to look at an amazing view of the corona's glow surrounding the black circle that was the sun. Got the glasses back on in plenty of time to play it safe, though. It was pretty cool to watch the color of the light change to an eerie yellow tinged with a bit of soft grey, the park lights come in in response to the increasing darkness as if it were night, and the cacophony of night sounds from the critters as they sounded a rapid alert to impending "night". A few minutes later comes the dawn, and you then hear the morning songs from the birds!

I'm hoping this wasn't a once in a lifetime experience for us. I'm going to try to keep us healthy until 2024, seeing as if we return to where we lived before we moved to Massachusetts, we'd be in the zone of totality when we step outside our own home! At ages 75 and 72, I think a long drive to see another one is asking a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom