The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still raining and even colder :rain::cold: BUT the evening out went brilliantly another great meal and a lot of fun - niece is now terrifyingly grown up [she passed f---y a couple of years ago :eek:] I feel old.

My eldest daughter turned 41 this year. The youngest daughter is 30. The boys are 35 and 28. And you feel old @sidevalve? I'm falling apart at the seams! No grandchildren though (I really couldn't deal with that).

Last edited:
Managed to find the energy to go around the local harvest festival this afternoon. It was hot (+27C) and busy and I came back with a whole load of goodies, both edible and otherwise including some of the local olive oil produced just down the road, straight add is, garlic infused and wild pepperberry which is native to both New Zealand and Australia. We also came back with a number of native Australian herbs including wild pepperberry (whole) and another I can't remember the name of now. I'll look it up tomorrow... Plus I came back with a bag of cleaned llama wool for spinning and some of their droppings for the vegetable plot. Then there was some of the local honey (a less sweet honey classed as medium not sweet) and 2 jars of l local jam we have had before, low sugar mixed berry which is very fruity and much more to our less sweet taste and a guava and raspberry jam as well. Both excellent jams.

Tomorrow a cold weather front is due to come through so we have already had the severe weather warnings posted. High winds and damaging gusts... So that's anchor everything down before we go out and remove anything that can break, close doors so they don't bang around on his and keep chooks in for own safety (were doing that already anyhow) plus just to add insult to injury the fire risk is on level 4 of 6, so it's pretty high (classed as severe) primarily because temperatures are still going to be over 30C at 34C and the winds are going to be well and truly over 30kph. The only thing missing is the under 30% humidity. If that happens and there a fire, there's a huge risk of a fire storm. Another day of fingers crossed.

Strange weather, glorious and sunny 1 minute, blizzard the next, then glorious and sunny tben blizzard etc..

With the weather being so bad we have decided to start decorating, prep work today see how things go tomorrow maybe start painting.

Strange weather, glorious and sunny 1 minute, blizzard the next, then glorious and sunny tben blizzard etc..

With the weather being so bad we have decided to start decorating, prep work today see how things go tomorrow maybe start painting.

What are you decorating (sorry if I missed you mentioning before)?

Tuesday evening is cheeseclub time at our local, last month they served a cheese that looked like fudge, it wasn't very nice.

Well I'm not up to jumping up and down celebrating that's for sure. I'll leave that to the smilie

So, so. Very tired and about to go back to bed (again). Slept most of this morning as well. Some of that is being home and bring able to rest and sleep, some of it is being on a reducing dose of steroids, another part is being back on oral antibiotics rather than significantly stronger IV antibiotics, I guess another part is also not being in aircon as well, (which my skin will be very grateful for once it has sorted itself out, it is coming off in layers literally, and to the point where the nursing staff were asking questions, is very bad around the wound and just comes off in huge sheets with anything sticky!). Provided I don't feel worse tomorrow I'll leave it at that, if I do feel worse, then it's back to the emergency department as per instructions from just about everyone including the pharmacist! I get the impression they think I should have come into hospital much earlier!

How's you doing? A friend had just been through the ideal of being diagnosed with epilepsy and the not being believed because of her repeated admissions to emergency with panic attacks and the likes. They had her down as being mentally unstable and didn't believe her or her husband that shred had a grand mal seizure at home and sent her home to see her gp. She did, got sent for an mri and got the proof she needed... Now she struggling with the meds and side effects, including racing badly to some of the drugs (to the point of nearly ending up with permanent neurological damage from one of the drugs)...
Glad to hear you're back at home. I'd hold off on the jumping up and down though.

Me, I consider myself lucky never known any other way. Getting it thrown at you later in life is one thing I've not had to deal with. Known one or two who've had their life turned upside down due to it.

Currently the bone thinning, long term mis-use of phenytoin(41 years) may be behind the CSF leaks of the last 11 months. They think the two may be connected.

Tell your friend, not to read the side effects too much. The worrying could frighten you to death.

32 degC here and almost 8:00 pm. At least the humidity is holding at a bearable 36%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom