The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sofa arrived at midday and is very comfy.

I know some people are a bit snooty about IKEA but in the past we have paid for branded furniture and it hasn't lasted very long, the sofa we have replaced was IKEA and it has lasted us 10 or so years so cannot complain, the new one is exactly the same as the old one just a different colour.

Lulla, did you have to assemble any of it?
I actually have enjoyed watching my friends try to put together Ikea furniture, then had fun taking it apart and showing them how it works when you use the instructions.

Lulla, did you have to assemble any of it?
I actually have enjoyed watching my friends try to put together Ikea furniture, then had fun taking it apart and showing them how it works when you use the instructions.

We had to attach the arms and feet. The back and base are attached with hinges so the back could fold down easy :okay:

We need another unit in here, now that will take some assembling :laugh:

Sofa arrived at midday and is very comfy.

I know some people are a bit snooty about IKEA but in the past we have paid for branded furniture and it hasn't lasted very long, the sofa we have replaced was IKEA and it has lasted us 10 or so years so cannot complain, the new one is exactly the same as the old one just a different colour.

pretty much all of our furniture is Ikea. It was the arrangement we had with my husband's company. If we didn't bring any furniture or electrical goods etc out to Australia with us, they would replace it all with Ikea standard furnishings because it is cheaper than shipping it all out here. (they same applies if we go home). So everything that could come from Ikea did (and not the cheap and cheerful Ikea stuff but some of it much better quality like our king-sized mattress etc (we had a decent quality king-sized mattress (and bed) in the UK, so needed the same for my back in Australia). Then electrical goods were replaced with reasonable quality Australian one, though hubby splashed out on an expensive Sony TV because he wanted at least one toy with black box/remote control and I was allowed or decent quality Bosch washing machine because we had one in the UK as well. Curiously most Australian washing machines are top loaders... If you need a dry it is usually attached to the wall upside down! Just don't ask.

Well I'm back in hospital again, in case you'd not guessed.
This time attempts to walk further using my crutches (and get out of the wheelchair) have resulted in issues: an infected and septic bursa in my left elbow and then cellulitis in my entire arm. On Friday I had the infected, septic bursa removed and the arm and joint washed out after a first clean-up of it by my doctor. Usually a second is done but it was decided that it was only wasting time and I was getting worse by the hour. Somehow I don't think I'll be getting out tomorrow, but there we go... Knitting is out of the question, in fact anything using my left arm is out, including eating... I literally can't do anything with it currently. Oh well. I can watch films...

Anyone else watching/watched Altered Carbon? Only on S1 E6 but enjoying it. Next up Jack Irish. There's 3 of them I've got downloaded. I just need to work out the order to watch them in!

This time attempts to walk further using my crutches (and get out of the wheelchair) have resulted in issues: an infected and septic bursa in my left elbow and then cellulitis in my entire arm. On Friday I had the infected, septic bursa removed and the arm and joint washed out after a first clean-up of it by my doctor. Usually a second is done but it was decided that it was only wasting time and I was getting worse by the hour. Somehow I don't think I'll be getting out tomorrow, but there we go... Knitting is out of the question, in fact anything using my left arm is out, including eating... I literally can't do anything with it currently. Oh well. I can watch films...

Anyone else watching/watched Altered Carbon? Only on S1 E6 but enjoying it. Next up Jack Irish. There's 3 of them I've got downloaded. I just need to work out the order to watch them in!
Hope you're not in too long.

:hug: gws

Went for a walk this afternoon the route took us through a churchyard, someone had put a Mothers day card on the ground, didn't take it out of the wrapper, just put it on the ground.

Last edited:

Hope they are geting you fixed!

Hope they are geting you fixed!
I'm hoping so too. Looks like I'm in for another couple of days at least. Hopefully I'll get out on my hubby's birthday not after it! I have no card, present or cake for him. Getting home will be enough he tells me :(

Well, what a mixed bag of a day, woke up really excited about seeing Gary Numan this evening then saw the news regarding Proffessor Stephen Hawkins, so so sad. I cried into my breakfast cereal, a true genius, the world feels a little empty right now :( :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom