The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This crazy winter storm has also impacted the US - particularly the east coast where they had hurricane force winds. @sidevalve - you need to wear a hard hat when you walk out to protect yourself from those ice spears.

Weather wise we appear to be back to normal, temperature has risen and we now have heavy rain. Earlier it was a beautiful Spring day.

Last Thursday my boss was due to fly to Spain at 10am, due to the weather many flights were cancelled however she and her friend did fly out at 3pm that afternoon, a shorter break than intended but at least they got there for a break.

Temps in the upper 70's F. Sun shining through a little bit of overcast. Azaleas and Sweet Olive are blooming so is the Satsuma tree. G worked hard to keep the satsuma safe during the severe freeze. We will have Satsumas this fall.:D

Temps in the upper 70's F. Sun shining through a little bit of overcast. Azaleas and Sweet Olive are blooming so is the Satsuma tree. G worked hard to keep the satsuma safe during the severe freeze. We will have Satsumas this fall.:D

When I was a kid satsumas were plump and juicy, now they are small and sour, you are lucky to grow your own.

We just had a little over a foot of snow last Friday with trees down all over from the high winds. Lots of people lost power and have yet to get it restored, and we are expecting another 16 inches of snow tomorrow.
Thank God all of the power lines near my house are underground so we aren't often affected.
Although, it took me 3 hours to get home from work Friday evening after being turned back twice from roads that were closed from downed trees. I ended up taking a steep mountain road that was passable. Well, passable in 4WD if you gunned it uphill, then crept (and slid a bit) downhill.

We just had a little over a foot of snow last Friday with trees down all over from the high winds. Lots of people lost power and have yet to get it restored, and we are expecting another 16 inches of snow tomorrow.
Thank God all of the power lines near my house are underground so we aren't often affected.
Although, it took me 3 hours to get home from work Friday evening after being turned back twice from roads that were closed from downed trees. I ended up taking a steep mountain road that was passable. Well, passable in 4WD if you gunned it uphill, then crept (and slid a bit) downhill.

Well the UK virtually ground to a halt after 4 days of snow! I think you guys are much more geared up for coping. Now its all melting and there are water shortages dues to pipes bursting.

Its rather Spring like in Maidstone today...

That weather up your way is giving us a last reprieve before the miserable heat and humidity return. Them dang tourists are still here!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom