The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have very little snow but it is supposed to come over heavy over night so we went shopping earlier so we will be fine if we get snowed in :rolleyes:

Well, yesterday signalled the end of our winter. I actually fired up the aircon for 1 hour last evening. It's currently 36 degC at 14:45 but not expected to go any higher.

My abstract work of art, it challenges perceptions of the visual world in which we inhabit.

P_20180303_101243.jpg

We've just ventured out for the first time in three days. Snow all over the place. The Co-op has almost nothing; no vegetables, no milk, no bread, no eggs. Even the UHT milk is all gone. The scene resembles what you'd imagine from a remote Eastern Bloc town in about 1977. Barely anything on the shelves and a trudge through several feet of snow to face on the way home.

We've just ventured out for the first time in three days. Snow all over the place. The Co-op has almost nothing; no vegetables, no milk, no bread, no eggs. Even the UHT milk is all gone. The scene resembles what you'd imagine from a remote Eastern Bloc town in about 1977. Barely anything on the shelves and a trudge through several feet of snow to face on the way home.

The MET office gave plenty of warning so you would have thought that shops/stores would have made provisions for the bad weather.

Next week we will all go back to normal temperature wise. It was crazy seeing all those people stranded on motorways overnight - one does wonder why they chose to drive when the news bulletins said 'don't'.

All deliveries are off - haven't seen the postman for three days !! We managed to get out and collect - once out of the street it really wasn't that bad - first day out [other than dog walks to the woods] since shopping last tuesday :eek:

All deliveries are off - haven't seen the postman for three days !! We managed to get out and collect - once out of the street it really wasn't that bad - first day out [other than dog walks to the woods] since shopping last tuesday :eek:

Well you weren't really cheating then! You braved the snow and helped out a local business. I haven't dared go out as I'm too frightened of slipping and falling (osteoporosis - so bad news if I fall).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom