The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, what's the expression? Come to visit, leave your money and go home. Quickly.
I've heard that both North and South.
We were planning a trip to Florida on Easter week, but since it's my wife's birthday, she chose to go skiing in Vermont. The other place that hates NY tourists.
I think we're going to the Bahamas in June, though. Can't wait to swim with dolphins. A lifelong dream.

Yeah, what's the expression? Come to visit, leave your money and go home. Quickly.
I've heard that both North and South.
We were planning a trip to Florida on Easter week, but since it's my wife's birthday, she chose to go skiing in Vermont. The other place that hates NY tourists.
I think we're going to the Bahamas in June, though. Can't wait to swim with dolphins. A lifelong dream.

The New Yorkers aren't just tourists anymore. The ones I'm talking about are from a little further north and the license plates start with "Je".:whistling:

It is good to know the term budgie smugglers isn't just used over here although quite a few Brits don't know what they are :laugh:

Nobody suits those things :headshake:
Actually, I learned it from a very funny Welshman. When you mention it in context to an American, they think about it for a second, then laugh.

I often think of the time Homer Simpson wore one to a waterslide. When the operator told him he couldn't go down naked, Homer lifted his fat to show he was wearing one.

Actually, I learned it from a very funny Welshman. When you mention it in context to an American, they think about it for a second, then laugh.

I often think of the time Homer Simpson wore one to a waterslide. When the operator told him he couldn't go down naked, Homer lifted his fat to show he was wearing one.

I don't watch the Simpsons so I can't comment but I laughed the first time I came across the term.

Bolas me thinks?

Lol, yup. I miss the brothers De Fraille, Bolas and Harry.

Truly funny guys with more class than most will ever even think about.

I wish I kept in touch with them so I could invite them here.

I loved translating their Welsh/English humour for Americans.

One of my favourites is when someone posts a picture with guests wearing hats indoors.
Bolas would look up and ask if the roof was leaky.

We went to our local deli in town last night for another wine tasting evening. The evening was Italian wine, we bought a bottle of white,Falanghina, Beneventano, Vedevo and a red, Rosso Conero, Cantine Belisario. They were the best of the 8 we tasted, the food was good. The evening was finished off with pannetoni tart which was to die for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom