The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our local ALDI recently had a revamp and now looks like a proper grocery store, a lot of choice and their food is really good, salad and veg is better than Sainsburys.
That's interesting - I've been to lots of Aldis and they all look identical! I wonder if mine will get a revamp.

That's interesting - I've been to lots of Aldis and they all look identical! I wonder if mine will get a revamp.
We have two Aldis reasonably locally. One is in the market place and is a bit limited for space, but handy for popping in to on the way home for people who work near there. The other one is on an industrial estate and is rather large, but difficult to get to unless you live in the immediate area or travel there by car. I haven't been in either of them for a while. I used to pop into Lidl, next to the railway station. Our new Lidl store opened six days ago but I haven't investigated it yet. It's a little bit too far to walk to and a bit of a pain as far as local bus routes are concerned, and there have been complaints that the car park is too small!

We have two Aldis reasonably locally. One is in the market place and is a bit limited for space, but handy for popping in to on the way home for people who work near there. The other one is on an industrial estate and is rather large, but difficult to get to unless you live in the immediate area or travel there by car. I haven't been in either of them for a while. I used to pop into Lidl, next to the railway station. Our new Lidl store opened six days ago but I haven't investigated it yet. It's a little bit too far to walk to and a bit of a pain as far as local bus routes are concerned, and there have been complaints that the car park is too small!

The ALDI store is off the main road and easily accessable, it is ideal for a lot of people who are on a budget, there is no major competition so they are in the perfect spot.

I don't take a great deal of notice of birthdays, but since somebody has thrust a bottle of rather pleasant Italian wine and a substantial Cuban cigar in my direction, it would be somewhat churlish not to make use of these items later in the day.

I don't take a great deal of notice of birthdays, but since somebody has thrust a bottle of rather pleasant Italian wine and a substantial Cuban cigar in my direction, it would be somewhat churlish not to make use of these items later in the day.

Happy birthday!
:cake::cheers::drink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom