The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's run by McAfee, and they are a pain in the rear. They even told me my own blog was a phishing site - no problem with the site overall, just my blog, and that some of my own photos I have taken and saved to my computer contain viruses. They have also blocked Yahoo so I cannot get into some of my BT email accounts easily.

I disabled the stupid thing. I just logged onto my BT account and switched it off in the "add on options" section.

What a difference a couple of hours make. This morning was dull and chilly, this afternoon we went for a walk in blazing sunshine :sun:

Well, I'm sitting here with burning fingers. I made a double batch of Craig's brother's pepper jelly that usually uses jalapenos, but a friend had given Craig some habaneros and bird chilis and he wanted to use them. I washed my hands thoroughly with dish soap and hot water as soon as I got done deseeding and chopping them, but obviously didn't get all the oils because I touched my cheekbone right under my eye and it started to burn, so I rewashed, but given my fingers are burning guess I still didn't get it all.

Vesak Day.jpg

Well, I'm sitting here with burning fingers. I made a double batch of Craig's brother's pepper jelly that usually uses jalapenos, but a friend had given Craig some habaneros and bird chilis and he wanted to use them. I washed my hands thoroughly with dish soap and hot water as soon as I got done deseeding and chopping them, but obviously didn't get all the oils because I touched my cheekbone right under my eye and it started to burn, so I rewashed, but given my fingers are burning guess I still didn't get it all.

Don't touch anywhere else! :giggle:

I used loads of chillies including half a habenero in the enormous batch of chilli I made recently - I wore food prep gloves - which are generally against my kitchen ethos but not in this case.

It must have been 25+ years ago that a neighbour asked if I would cook a chilli con carne for a party she was giving (we were invited). When I arrived at her house she had already started preparing some ingredients and she had chopped around 20 chillis and removed the seeds. Luckily, she had not yet discarded the seeds so I just put them all together again. Silly girl!

How cool is this - my son needed a mountain bike to commute to his new 'night job' in a motorway garage. There is a cross country route to get there but walking would take over an hour each way.

Bike ordered on-line at 3pm from Argos (£126) and delivered at 7pm. Well done Argos! Lets hope they won't be the next of the stores to collapse in the UK...

One of our colleagues turned 70 at the weekend (yes he is still working), today he bought in enough samosas for everyone to have 2 each and chocolate bars for everyone.

How cool is this - my son needed a mountain bike to commute to his new 'night job' in a motorway garage. There is a cross country route to get there but walking would take over an hour each way.

Bike ordered on-line at 3pm from Argos (£126) and delivered at 7pm. Well done Argos! Lets hope they won't be the next of the stores to collapse in the UK...
They are brilliant - there is an Argos within spitting distance of my house. A few years ago I ordered something from them which was much too heavy for me to carry. I ordered it just after 10 a.m. and it was unpacked and in use before 11 a.m. I ordered something a couple of months ago which was only available for pick up or in store sales and out of stock in my local store. I ordered on the Sunday and got a text on Monday from across the road to say it was available for pick up by Thursday.

saw my consultant again last night, to be told, after I jokingly said I had the most impractical vehicle for someone in my condition, that it was actually the ideal vehicle to have and that I should avoid any vehicle that requires me to sit 'down' into it because it is bad for me. My current vehicle requires me to climb up into it which is great and I do find it much easier to get in and out of. He did go on to say that I should also avoid manual vehicles... :whistling: this vehicle only has the 2 gear levers... Our other vehicle isn't quite a climb into vehicle but is much higher than the average vehicle and is the automatic. that tends to be our main vehicle which we use for distance work. My vehicle isn't the sort of vehicle that goes anywhere fast. but it does get there, even.... t ual …. ly.

Driving through the city in my vehicle is interesting. The number of idiots who thought they could bully me into letting them in front of me (always at the points where lanes merge and it is a every other vehicle filter when is the norm here) was stunning. No less the 5 in the space of 7 filters. Not one of them won. Even with the prevalence of large 4x4s and SUVs on the road in Canberra, I'm still in one of the biggest. As hubby phrased it, I basically drive a truck. I just can't get over the numbers of them that thought they would try. Its a large old (21 years old) vehicle. Like I'm going to worry if someone drives into me! The repair costs will be considerably more in their vehicle and it would be their fault with me being he vehicle in front....

And then hubby sat behind me for the entire journey home (in the dark)… He's still in the hire car whilst his is in the garage so he doesn't have the extra headlights. Mine has something in the region of overkill in headlights and lights up the road for, well basically as far as the road can be seen which in places is over 1km. Thankfully the dual carriage way home has really good vegetation down the middle so there are only a few gaps where I have to be careful with oncoming vehicles and dip to the 'next to nothing but much better than they were' headlights I have on the vehicle. Today's job is to switch out the headlight bulbs for some even better ones and work on the positioning of the headlights - they are pointing too much towards the ground and when I'm travelling at 110kph I personal am not looking at the road immediately under the front bumper! Nor 10 foot away either.

What a pallaver!! We went shopping this afternoon, Next accepted my card, WH Smith declined it but accepted the 2nd time, M&S declined it but accepted the 2nd time, we went into Sainsburys to do the weekly shop, a voice over the tannoy announced they could not accept card transactions so I had to get money out of the cash machine, there were 5 people in front of me but many more behind. By the time we got to the till the card readers were working again :o_o:

Oh well, just a minor glitch to make Friday afternoon interesting :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom