The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a pallaver!! We went shopping this afternoon, Next accepted my card, WH Smith declined it but accepted the 2nd time, M&S declined it but accepted the 2nd time, we went into Sainsburys to do the weekly shop, a voice over the tannoy announced they could not accept card transactions so I had to get money out of the cash machine, there were 5 people in front of me but many more behind. By the time we got to the till the card readers were working again :o_o:

Oh well, just a minor glitch to make Friday afternoon interesting :laugh:

It was on the national news tonight - a problem with Visa cards.

It was on the national news tonight - a problem with Visa cards.
It's weird. I went into Budgen's and bought a few bits and pieces and paid with my VISA card. It went through OK, but the person in front of me had had to search in her bag for a different card as hers was not accepted. Same bank as me, as well.

I have a potted olive tree on the patio. It was bought from Aldi very cheaply a few weeks ago. So far, it has survived. Photo tomorrow...

Apparently you have to bring them in over winter, preferably into a greenhouse, we don't one so not sure where we would put it because it isn't ideal to keep it in the house.

We were supposed to have rain last night, didn't happen, the BBC weather app is saying rain is on it's way and by the look of the sky it certainly is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom