The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just established my new vehicle has no functioning brake lights but all bulbs are brand new and the 3rd middle light also isn't working either. Don't think it's a bulb problem somehow.
Blown fuse despite hubby protesting that I don't have a middle rear led strip. I do and proved it...

It wasn't working either so we started looking at other options...

Had to sacrifice the air con but I now have brake lights again. No spare fuses because the other car is in the garage being repaired after its $5,500 redesign by a kangaroo. And the spare fuses place holders are empty, so air con had been sacrificed for the moment which given it is turned off anyhow... But it will be interesting to establish is I have fog lights. I don't have a fuse for them, but on one of our old vehicles it didn't have a switch for them, but it had all the wiring and even had the bulbs themselves... £1 switch for a rear window heater in a different trim colour and all of a sudden his vehicle had rear fog lights.

But he did manage to get the water working on the rear wash wipe. A section of tubing with a junction on either side went through a cable this around the wiring loom. Remove said section of pipe and we have water! It's really nice to be able to see through the rear window when your driving dusty dirt roads.

And whilst I'm talking to myself, I've just had my first bath in 2 1/2 years. The first one in Australia!
And I thought I was bad enough. Because of my skin problems brought on by water, I have to use oil in the water. The oil makes a mess of the bath and usually manages to block the bathroom sink on a regular basis. Can't have showers, and can't use shampoo either. :D

How about this for unconscious irony?

BT offer a service called BT Web Protect, which is free to BT customers. I thought I might as well use it, but all it seems to do is block any website you try to use. It even blocked the BBC website as being unsafe. However, it has just had its most triumphant moment by blocking (trumpet fanfare) BT's own website.

Well done. Fantastic. You wouldn't read about it, except you just did.

How about this for unconscious irony?

BT offer a service called BT Web Protect, which is free to BT customers. I thought I might as well use it, but all it seems to do is block any website you try to use. It even blocked the BBC website as being unsafe. However, it has just had its most triumphant moment by blocking (trumpet fanfare) BT's own website.

Well done. Fantastic. You wouldn't read about it, except you just did.
It's run by McAfee, and they are a pain in the rear. They even told me my own blog was a phishing site - no problem with the site overall, just my blog, and that some of my own photos I have taken and saved to my computer contain viruses. They have also blocked Yahoo so I cannot get into some of my BT email accounts easily.

And I thought I was bad enough. Because of my skin problems brought on by water, I have to use oil in the water. The oil makes a mess of the bath and usually manages to block the bathroom sink on a regular basis. Can't have showers, and can't use shampoo either. :D

I think @SatNavSaysStraightOn usually uses showers. Personally I don't like them (nasty squirty things!). I think most Americans favour showers but I like a good soak.

Washing is overrated in my opinion. It removes the natural oils in the skin.

I think @SatNavSaysStraightOn usually uses showers. Personally I don't like them (nasty squirty things!). I think most Americans favour showers but I like a good soak.

Washing is overrated in my opinion. It removes the natural oils in the skin.
My boss's wife was a consultant dermatologist at the time, and she said most people wash, bath and shower far too often for their own good. The problem I have is that water, or anything containing water, makes me itch so much I scratch myself to pieces. I hate hot weather because sweat has the same effect. My hands are reasonably OK unless I am using detergent, which I am also allergic to, so a lot of bath preparations are out of the question. I use apple cider vinegar on my hair, or "white" vinegar at a pinch, with oil in the water. Ordinary vinegar makes me smell like a fish and chip shop :laugh:

My boss's wife was a consultant dermatologist at the time, and she said most people wash, bath and shower far too often for their own good. The problem I have is that water, or anything containing water, makes me itch so much I scratch myself to pieces. I hate hot weather because sweat has the same effect. My hands are reasonably OK unless I am using detergent, which I am also allergic to, so a lot of bath preparations are out of the question. I use apple cider vinegar on my hair, or "white" vinegar at a pinch, with oil in the water. Ordinary vinegar makes me smell like a fish and chip shop :laugh:

I shower every day because I would be embarrassed to smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom