The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoopee. The long awaited holibob is here!

Going over on the boat to Poole later today and overnighting at a Premier Inn in Poole. Tomorrow drive up to Great Yarmouth and stay there for a couple of days. On one of our nights we are booked in to see Showaddywaddy play. Not really my type of music but as they were there it's worth seeing them.
Then a week boating on the Broads. After that back to Dorset and bumble around for four days before heading back to good old Guernsey.

Did you get lost in the Broads @Wyshiepoo? Not seen you for a few days... hope you had a great holiday.

Had a few aches and pains recently (nothing new).

My wife called her mate over to give me a massage.

I have a lot more now!

Yesterday, we had another example of something that gets my goat every time (my goat can be a tetchy fellow). It was the lazy-minded use of the term "you can't underestimate." People say (and write) this so frequently, along with the equally stupid "cannot be underestimated."

Every time I see or hear this claptrap, I feel the urge to shout, "Yes it can!" There is nothing, to my knowledge, that cannot be underestimated. Clearly what they are meaning is the exact opposite. It is very easy to overestimate something, but you simply cannot underestimate it.

End of rant. Feel better.

Last edited:
Yesterday, we had another example of something that gets my goat every time (my goat can be a tetchy fellow). It was the lazy-minded use of the term "you can't underestimate." People say (and write) this so frequently, along with the equally stupid "cannot be underestimated."

Every time I see or hear this claptrap, I feel the urge to shout, "Yes it can!" There is nothing, to my knowledge, that cannot be underestimated. Clearly what they are meaning is the exact opposite. It is very easy of overestimate something, but you simply cannot underestimate it.

End of rant. Feel better.

It is a good job there isn't a rant thread on here, you and I would never be off it :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom