The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind if I do

20180928_133858.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Really looking forwards to next Saturday, the 6th.

It is 'Lads' week. A group of us from Guernsey and several from the UK hire the holiday cottages on Herm (a small holiday island just off Guernsey) for a week and spend our time fishing, drinking, swapping tall stories and being 18 again. There are normally somewhere between 10 and 20 of us and we have a fantastic time.

Some of the cottages just eat down the pub each night but in our cottage each one of us does a meal each and only eat a couple of times in the pub.. Stan is doing his normal Sunday roast, Andy is doing his Chili Chicken Lasagne, I'm doing (by popular request) my Lamb Casseroled with Lime with tartiflette side. Scotty will be a surprise.

We often play practical jokes on each other, the best I remember is one year one of the guys walked back on his own after an early morning fishing trip at about 3 am. As he walked up the hill back to the cottage he swore blind he could hear someone walking behind him, so we told him about the ghostly monk of herm hill.
The following year about halfway through the week I had to keep the chap occupied down the pub (not difficult) and Andy dressed up as a monk, put false teeth in, ghastly make up and put luminescent goo all over himself.

about halfway up the hill he leaped out from behind a tree, waved his arms about and shouted out "Whooooo hooooo, i'm the honky tonk monk of Herm hill."

12118848_993247324031967_3564768226460260874_n.jpg

20131007_094436 (2).jpg
24092011084.jpg

This afternoon we went on a snorkel trip, the place we stopped at wasn't very deep and you could stand up. The fish were beautiful, biggest angel fish I have ever seen! So many fish and such vibrant colours :happy:

Really looking forwards to next Saturday, the 6th.

It is 'Lads' week. A group of us from Guernsey and several from the UK hire the holiday cottages on Herm (a small holiday island just off Guernsey) for a week and spend our time fishing, drinking, swapping tall stories and being 18 again. There are normally somewhere between 10 and 20 of us and we have a fantastic time.

Some of the cottages just eat down the pub each night but in our cottage each one of us does a meal each and only eat a couple of times in the pub.. Stan is doing his normal Sunday roast, Andy is doing his Chili Chicken Lasagne, I'm doing (by popular request) my Lamb Casseroled with Lime with tartiflette side. Scotty will be a surprise.

We often play practical jokes on each other, the best I remember is one year one of the guys walked back on his own after an early morning fishing trip at about 3 am. As he walked up the hill back to the cottage he swore blind he could hear someone walking behind him, so we told him about the ghostly monk of herm hill.
The following year about halfway through the week I had to keep the chap occupied down the pub (not difficult) and Andy dressed up as a monk, put false teeth in, ghastly make up and put luminescent goo all over himself.

about halfway up the hill he leaped out from behind a tree, waved his arms about and shouted out "Whooooo hooooo, i'm the honky tonk monk of Herm hill."

View attachment 19560

View attachment 19561 View attachment 19562

Sounds like great fun. I hope you post as a few photos when you are there if there is internet access.

It is 10am on Wednesday, really hot and airless, even the rainshower hasn't cooled the place down :heat:

We moved on to another resort today and leave on Wednesday. A small boutique place, at breakfast you have to order your lunch and evening meal.

I lost track of which country you are in...

Fiji, internet access is slow here but that is fine. Folks here are really friendly staff and guests, this morning in the pool we had a good ole chinwag with an American couple. Really nice and friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom