The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah being summer schools close around 19th dec and reopen approx 25 th Jan. Most kiwis take their 2 to 3 week break then. A lot of Chch peeps go to Nelson area. We get a lot of wind where we are in Canterbury. Nelson is a lot warmer and no wind.

Russ

Just listening to another storm (thunder) rumbling away and wondering when, not if, I'll lose electricity again. At least it had dropped from 29C to an easier 17C (happened in the space of 15 minutes whilst I was driving home - that was not a fun drive home. I could see the lightening striking the ground whilst driving).

Cor! Saw a great-spotted woodpecker this morning, a first for me in the town where I live. It did us the favour of hammering very loudly on a tree, making it very easy to see.

We do get them in my garden sometimes but perhaps they are more common down in Kent than in Scotland. A beautiful bird. We also get the green ones.

We do get them in my garden sometimes but perhaps they are more common down in Kent than in Scotland. A beautiful bird. We also get the green ones.

That's only the second time I've seen one in Scotland. The first time was a pair of them, about six miles from where we live. That was about five years ago and was, coincidentally, in January.

That's only the second time I've seen one in Scotland. The first time was a pair of them, about six miles from where we live. That was about five years ago and was, coincidentally, in January.
Are you near Arbroath, I've stopped there for a "smokey" based on Billy's connolleys tv programme. It was good.

Russ

Are you near Arbroath, I've stopped there for a "smokey" based on Billy's connolleys tv programme. It was good.

Russ

Arbroath is about 50 miles north of where I live, around an hour and a half on the train allowing for a change at Kirkcaldy. Famous for two things; the aforementioned smokies and a declaration.

Arbroath is about 50 miles north of where I live, around an hour and a half on the train allowing for a change at Kirkcaldy. Famous for two things; the aforementioned smokies and a declaration.

Beautiful part of the coast along there, I remember seeing the oil rigs out to sea. Somewhere near there. And eating a smokey on the side of the road. Isle of Skye was beautiful. Love your country.

Sorry, off topic.

Russ

Beautiful part of the coast along there, I remember seeing the oil rigs out to sea. Somewhere near there. And eating a smokey on the side of the road. Isle of Skye was beautiful. Love your country.

Sorry, off topic.

Russ

Not off topic as this is General Chat thread. Arbroath Smokies are indeed a treat.

We have had a bit if a storm blow through, at 5am I had to shut the bedroom window, the wind outside was making the door rattle and bang.

We have had a bit if a storm blow through, at 5am I had to shut the bedroom window, the wind outside was making the door rattle and bang.

"There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'.
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin'."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom