The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad news, our local Deli, the team who do the monthly cheeseclub shut down today :cry:

They told their staff on Thursday and close today. They want to focus on their other branch in a different town. The staff are so good, I hope they all land on their feet.:(:(:(:(:(

That is sad. You have posted some great photos of your evenings there on the Forum.

That is sad. You have posted some great photos of your evenings there on the Forum.

They are close to a refurbished part of town and a visitor centre so they are in a prime place, trouble is the rents in the town centre are horrendous, despite all the hoo ha about re-invigourating city centres etc... They will still do the cheese club every month but that won't help their staff get jobs :(

We are drinking hot chocolate, the pot says 4 heaped spoons added to water, I used 3 and it is still a bit strong. Still nicebto come back to after an hours walk, it is warmer than it was this afternoon.

Bit late but hope you had a good day, every day above earths a bonus. Around 28 deg c here last week or so. Swimming every day at rabbit island. Grandys are loving it. 3 more days then. Back to reality. We had a half ham for New Year's Eve. It was beautiful . Happy new year all. I'm not in an area with the net. So I'll be back in 3 or 4 days.

Russ

They are close to a refurbished part of town and a visitor centre so they are in a prime place, trouble is the rents in the town centre are horrendous, despite all the hoo ha about re-invigourating city centres etc... They will still do the cheese club every month but that won't help their staff get jobs :(

Harry Ramsden had a franchise on Hong Kong Island many years ago. It did extremely well, so much so that the greedy landlord tripled their rent. They had to close down.

Bit late but hope you had a good day, every day above earths a bonus. Around 28 deg c here last week or so. Swimming every day at rabbit island. Grandys are loving it. 3 more days then. Back to reality. We had a half ham for New Year's Eve. It was beautiful . Happy new year all. I'm not in an area with the net. So I'll be back in 3 or 4 days.

Russ

Glad you are having a good time! Its strange for me in freezing UK to imagine it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom