The relaxing non judgemental random thoughts thread

Southern Bulgaria has been put to me as a holiday destination, never thought of it before but so far 2 people have recommended it.

I still wear a mask on the train. I also have allergies, which have been bad lately.

Wearing a mask, plus sneezing & sniffing is getting me some serious side-eye today.

Failures are common, but how should we manage them?
My young colleagues are doing quite a lot mistakes, depending on how life is going on and my biggest mistake mistake might be not saying anything, as I'm not their supervisor.
We're a small, high performance team and I would say we've a great chemistry, we even have a main pub.

So should I say something, like my boss or should keep my mouth shut? Everybody of us could be a chef de cuisine next year, if we can hold the growth that steady and yeah, they're all ambitious.

Everytime I've the feeling I should say something, I imagine to be like these two guys

Last edited:
Failures are common, but how should we manage them?
My young colleagues are doing quite a lot mistakes, depending on how life is going on and my biggest mistake mistake might be not saying anything, as I'm not their supervisor.
We're a small, high performance team and I would say we've a great chemistry, we even have a main pub.

So should I say something, like my boss or should keep my mouth shut? Everybody of us could be a chef de cuisine next year, if we can hold the growth that steady and yeah, they're all ambitious.

Everytime I've the feeling I should say something, I imagine to be like these two guys

Has your boss not noticed? As you are such a small team I'd have expected her/him to have noticed...

We are off out later for lunch with family, don't fancy a roast so we will see what elsebI fancy when we get there.

he didn't notice, infact he tells ME how to do things over and over again. e.g. we have shahkshuka on the menu and after I've learned how to do it, he told me at least 5 times how to do it and that's just one recipe, he's doing it also with other recipes. I'm not salting my food like he's doing and even when I try to make it salty enough, it's not enough... maybe that's why he believes I've to get lectured over and over again.
he got his 3rd kid recently, so I'm just assuming he's not focused enough and I'm okay with that, I just don't want to waste my time listening to stuff that is irrelevant to my career and it's also bad for the restaurante in the long term

So should I say something, like my boss or should keep my mouth shut?
That’s a hard one to answer, as there’s no “right” answer. Depends on the coworker you’re dealing with.

For the longest time, my core team was me and two others. When Don ever makes an observation about how I could do something better or more efficiently, I appreciate it, because I respect him, and he’s been there longer than I have, though he’s in no way may manager.

Andrew…he’s gone now, but whenever he’d offer some advice, I wouldn’t take it so well, because my opinion of his work was that he was sloppy and shortsighted and cared more about a quick fix and instant glory than taking his time and doing something right. Whenever he’d suggest something, I just acknowledge it with a “thanks,” and keep doing it my way.

From the little you’ve posted about the situation, this person doesn’t sound like someone who can be objective. I’d probably just do my best to ignore him.

He's not in his prime/balance or whatever you like to call it and I don't like to just blame other people for a bad outcome, as I'm part of the team, he is great at defending our profit margin and the restaurant owner trusts in his opinion.

But I would definitely like to be head chef someday, I just don't know if I'm just arrogant or if it's actually the right thing to say something, as I'm doing small mistakes here and there as well and some colleagues help whenever they can

After watching a bunch of "how not to be toxic" videos, I think it's a 1st world problem. In my case it's important for the career, as a good head chef also watches how do you help with the team morality. But it'll not help my friends family in Gambia/Africa. And it's difficult to not being toxic as the rules differ highly depending on the age and the ideals other people have.

Taking the train on Fridays is so much better than any other day of the week. So many hybrid workers work from home on Fridays, so it’s way less crowded and stressful. I almost always go into the office on Fridays because of this.

Back
Top Bottom