The relaxing non judgemental random thoughts thread

Last night we were watching TV and I said something about needing to finish loading the dishwasher and starting it. Hubby offered to do it, which was really sweet.

So this morning I go into the kitchen to have my tea and I open the dishwasher to start unloading it while waiting for the tea to steep. I look in the bottom part and notice that the splatter screen (used for frying foods) had been placed incorrectly in the bottom rack of dishwasher. It was leaning towards the middle of the bottom rack and had blocked the water spinner above it that sprays water inside of the glasses and other items that fit into the top rack, so obviously nothing on the top rack had been properly cleaned. I started hand washing all the glasses, cups, and such that were on the top rack and hubby asked me what I was doing. I explained it to him and showed him how he needs to check when loading the bottom rack that items are not so tall as to block the spinner from doing it's job (this is not the first time I have told him this), and he got really cranky about that and said something like, "Well as usual, I screwed that up, can't do anything right."

Then I was putting a pan out of the dish drainer (I handwash all of my pots and pans) and noticed that one of my cast iron skillets had some kind of plastic/vinyl residue stuck on the bottom of it and asked him what happened. Well I have these vinyl chopping mats I use sometimes that I will keep on the chopping block if I don't feel like using and cleaning the block. He told me that while I was out of town, he was using the cast iron skillet to cook something and placed the hot skillet on the mat (duh) and it melted the mat and stuck to the bottom of the skillet. He told me he threw away the mat. I am fine with that, they aren't expensive, but he could have scrubbed off the residue from the bottom of the pot so that next time I cooked with that pan it didn't stink up the kitchen with burning vinyl.

I didn't gripe about these things but I am sure it showed I was annoyed. We kind of avoided each other for most of the afternoon.
That's annoying!

My least favourite melty story was getting a new mini oven and returning to discover my mother had melted the whole side of a plastic bread bag to the top of it and left it on there...

Or three weeks ago while I was away my son was in the loo, lit a match for odour control and threw it into a ramekin (containing other match ends) then walked away, it wasn't fully extinguished, the ramekin went up, the chemicals in the sponge he had used to clean the bathroom and left next to the ramekin caught and the window frame is now melted and the glass cracked! 🙄

Really looking forward to watching the Oppenheimer film but it is 3 hours long and I am not sure my bladder could cope.
Remember the days when they had intermissions for longer films? I always liked that.

That's annoying!

My least favourite melty story was getting a new mini oven and returning to discover my mother had melted the whole side of a plastic bread bag to the top of it and left it on there...

Or three weeks ago while I was away my son was in the loo, lit a match for odour control and threw it into a ramekin (containing other match ends) then walked away, it wasn't fully extinguished, the ramekin went up, the chemicals in the sponge he had used to clean the bathroom and left next to the ramekin caught and the window frame is now melted and the glass cracked! 🙄
That thing with the mini oven (toaster oven) has happened about a dozen times over the past 20 years but on the side of the oven, not the top. I have a wire basket next to the oven and when my husband or kids would pull the oven forward from the back of the counter to use it, they would inadvertently have the top of the plastic bread package touching the side of the oven, which naturally gets hot when they were toasting bread and it would melt. But putting the loaf of bread on top and leaving it there???? Yikes!

Never had anyone burn up my bathroom before though. I do keep a can of disinfectant spray sitting on the small table in the bathroom and there is a fan. I guess it was sweet of him to be considerate to others when stinking up the place, but geeze!

That thing with the mini oven (toaster oven) has happened about a dozen times over the past 20 years but on the side of the oven, not the top. I have a wire basket next to the oven and when my husband or kids would pull the oven forward from the back of the counter to use it, they would inadvertently have the top of the plastic bread package touching the side of the oven, which naturally gets hot when they were toasting bread and it would melt. But putting the loaf of bread on top and leaving it there???? Yikes!

Never had anyone burn up my bathroom before though. I do keep a can of disinfectant spray sitting on the small table in the bathroom and there is a fan. I guess it was sweet of him to be considerate to others when stinking up the place, but geeze!
It's amazing how many contingencies you have to plan for when other people use a kitchen 😆

There is air freshener in there but a match is very effective at burning methane fast. I waited until he was 20 to put matches in that bathroom because when he was younger I was concerned he'd do something daft...

We are hopefully, fingers crossed, please, pretty please going to complete on buying the boys first apartment this Thursday, the first thing I bought was a fire extinguisher and have spent the day today hounding my husband about whether he's sorted out the insurance so it can start the second they're in there 🔥 😧 😂

It's amazing how many contingencies you have to plan for when other people use a kitchen 😆

There is air freshener in there but a match is very effective at burning methane fast. I waited until he was 20 to put matches in that bathroom because when he was younger I was concerned he'd do something daft...

We are hopefully, fingers crossed, please, pretty please going to complete on buying the boys first apartment this Thursday, the first thing I bought was a fire extinguisher and have spent the day today hounding my husband about whether he's sorted out the insurance so it can start the second they're in there 🔥 😧 😂
Make sure they know how to use the extinguisher. I think you might need one for the bathroom and one for the kitchen!

I do remember when I first moved in with my husband and stepkids (they were 5, 7, 9, and 11) that we had an electric stove which was pretty old and didn't have those sensors to let you know that the top was hot after turning off the burners. One kid would help me bring in groceries shortly after another kid had used the burner to make some macaroni and cheese or soup, and the kid bringing in groceries wouldn't check to see if the burner was still warm before using the stovetop as a surface to place bags of groceries...yeah. I used to yell a lot. For some reason they all still love me anyway. I did feed them well, so...

Make sure they know how to use the extinguisher. I think you might need one for the bathroom and one for the kitchen!

I do remember when I first moved in with my husband and stepkids (they were 5, 7, 9, and 11) that we had an electric stove which was pretty old and didn't have those sensors to let you know that the top was hot after turning off the burners. One kid would help me bring in groceries shortly after another kid had used the burner to make some macaroni and cheese or soup, and the kid bringing in groceries wouldn't check to see if the burner was still warm before using the stovetop as a surface to place bags of groceries...yeah. I used to yell a lot. For some reason they all still love me anyway. I did feed them well, so...
My husband has done that! But their favourite trick is to put a tea towel down on the hob and light the wrong ring 😱😂

Oh I can assure you after the matches fire incidence they know where the fire extinguisher is, how to use it and when to just run!

They are not familiar with a fire blanket I got them though or a nifty thing I've not seen before which you slide into a pan if it catches fire. Looks to me like it would ruin the pan as it goes in still wrapped in it's plastic so I'll be sticking with a wet tea towel should the occasion arise!
Unlike me they weren't left alone to figure it all out themselves so they don't have experience of setting fire to a loaded pan of oil 😆

Firexo Pan Fire Extinguishing Sachet - Screwfix

I'm not surprised they still love you, you are rather loveable!!

My husband has done that! But their favourite trick is to put a tea towel down on the hob and light the wrong ring 😱😂

Oh I can assure you after the matches fire incidence they know where the fire extinguisher is, how to use it and when to just run!
I remember when my 4 were still living at home and between 12-18 in ages. I was a Saturday around noon and I'd just come home from the grocery store. The smoke detector in the hallway by their bedrooms was going off quite loudly and they were all sleeping soundly through it. It was only the battery, thankfully.

I remember when my 4 were still living at home and between 12-18 in ages. I was a Saturday around noon and I'd just come home from the grocery store. The smoke detector in the hallway by their bedrooms was going off quite loudly and they were all sleeping soundly through it. It was only the battery, thankfully.
Yep mIne sleep through fire alarms too 🙄

Verdict I've heard from several sources is that its boring. Too long... my bladder wouldn't stand a chance.

The main topic of conversation I have come across is the nudity, very few have mentioned the actual film itself.
I may get bored and restless part way through which is what makes me hesitant to go to the cinema. We will see.

The main topic of conversation I have come across is the nudity, very few have mentioned the actual film itself.
I may get bored and restless part way through which is what makes me hesitant to go to the cinema. We will see.
Perhaps they included the nudity to wake people up. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom