The tea thread

Now I need to try both Yorkshire and PG tips! No milk for me though

I know. But it continues to upset me.
But the last time we talked about it, you agreed that half-and-half, which is what I use, doesn’t actually count as cream, since it’s weaker than single cream, being more like whole milk extra.

I rest my case, Your Honor! :wink:

But the last time we talked about it, you agreed that half-and-half, which is what I use, doesn’t actually count as cream, since it’s weaker than single cream, being more like whole milk extra.

But your honour I appeal on the grounds it’s more than whole milk.
Whole milk is 3.5%
Half and half is 12%
Case reopened 😆

But your honour I appeal on the grounds it’s more than whole milk.
Whole milk is 3.5%
Half and half is 12%
Case reopened 😆
Hey, you have to file a separate case, you can’t just rush into the courtroom, powder wig askance, and start litigating for the prosecution! :laugh:

And I’ll remind everyone it could be worse…my mom puts a big ol’ pat of butter in her coffee… :whistling:

my mom puts a big ol’ pat of butter in her coffee… :whistling:

That’s not how it went down..

Your honour I ask for a continuance while we try to establish whether the defendant is truly drinking his tea with cream…

OBJECTION this trial cannot proceed, we have Doctors reports showing unequivocally Mr Halfnhalf is suffering from neurological birth defect known as butter brain, a rare complication that occurs when the primipara consumes excessive dairy produce during gestation resulting in genetic mutation, the primary symptom showing in the offspring deludedly think half n half in tea is good.

So your saying he a mad’n from mad stock?

We are you honour.

Agreed, case dismissed.

I believe it is from Yorkshire. It used to be sold in square tins with lids
Yep, good ole Yorkshire tea. It's strong. It's also about double the price of other teas on the market and, to be honest, unless you're a tea connoisseur, I don't think it's worthwhile. When we were in England last year, we bought Sainsbury's Gold Label, which cost about £1.80. Yorkshire cost double that.

And I’ll remind everyone it could be worse…my mom puts a big ol’ pat of butter in her coffee… :whistling:
When I was in the Indian Embassy yesterday, one of the expats was in the kitchen, with a saucepan full of milk, water and tea leaves. Since I was going to make "masala chai"...I asked him what was in the saucepan.
All of the above; and ghee.

State's Witness No. 458:
"As a decadent dedicated tea drinker and frequent visitor to the US of A, I can assure your Honour that the aforementioned "half and half" is neither one thing, nor the other, but quite the opposite. Heaven Forbid it might be described as cream, for it is far too watery. Nor could one, in one's right mind, consider it to be "full cream milk " (eg. Gold top), for it has the wrong texture. Exhibit 459.1(a):
1704849718391.png

Quod erat demostrandum.
I might respectfully suggest the defendant's claim be dismissed as quidquid voverat atque promiserat.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Entered into evidence, Exhibit tea…er, T:

Before the dairy
IMG_7269.jpeg

One with a tablespoon 2% milk, one with an equal amount of h-n-h:
IMG_7270.jpeg

That left one isn’t half-empty, either…it’s just the weird perspective from me doing my best to dodge shadows.

I must say, I’m glad we have Tea Court (aka The Old Boily :laugh: ) - 200 years ago, impugning someone’s character like that would have resulted in the striking of both cheeks with a tea cozy and demanding satisfaction: “Tea strainers at dawn, I shall have retribution!” :laugh:

I must say, I’m glad we have Tea Court
:laugh: :laugh:
My (disabled) son drinks tea all day long. When we realised this (after shifting about 5 kgs of tea in a month) we started watering down the morning pot. So I've got a teapot which holds about 3/4 litre (about 2 pints?) and the first brew of the morning is strong. 6 heaped tsps of assam tea. I enjoy my two mugs, so does he...
Then we start watering it down...
He's happy, even with tea the colour of dirty water. I can't abide weak tea, hence the rejection of ratbags. Must be a British thing, liking strong tea!

There’s no Lipton‘s sold near me in Spain.

Oddly enough in-spite of being a very old British brand that revolutionised that sale of tea (it was an expensive product in the 1800’s and Mr Lipton decided to buy it wholesale and sell loose tea direct to the masses) once Unilever bought it in the 70’s they decided to make it for export only so you can’t buy it here either!

I have to say though I wouldn’t drink Liptons out of choice. I don’t know if they deliberately reduced the amount of tea in the bag for the Spanish market but you need at least two to get even close to a cup of tea at home.

As it’s easy to transport teabags and there are Brit supermarkets in Andalucia I don’t worry about it.

It’s the water quality in Spain that ruins a cup o tea. A ‘Zero’ water filter Is the only way around it and they don’t last long, which at £15 a pop and the filters going to landfill isn‘t great.

I tried distilled but that also produces odd tea, there’s obviously some necessary mineral level needed to make a familiar cup of tea.

Lipton is probably the largest selling tea brand in the US. It is what I grew up with, and my mom still drinks. Like Tasty says, it is really weak tea.

CD

Back
Top Bottom