Things that you don't know about sugar?

Yeah, I used to walk miles as a kid and didn't think anything of it. And I used to bike everywhere when I was a young teenager. No-one 'worked out' or did special training unless they were an athlete.
Good or bad, at either end?
I'm the same weight now as when I left school over 25 years ago. I've only gone up one size(waist) in the same period.
I've eaten more "unhealthy" food than I can remember. I used to eat 9 Mars bars an hour at one stage, when working outside as a baggage handler, cycling 250 miles a weekend to and from work, with a bit more thrown in for fun during the week. Resulted in the only change made trouser wise, went up two sizes to fit the legs, not the waist. Alternate found.

The irony in this for me was a cholestorol test, where I should consider doing a bit more exercise. Then told them what I was doing.

Last edited:
The eating is only part of the problem though. Go back 20 years and you'll find a difference in how we actually lived. More TV watched then, computers now. Go back further and you'll see that more manual work was done, fewer vehicles meant more walking. Walking is now considered as an exercise!

He likes to watch cartoons on TV, he plays with toys, but he gets very little or no exercise. :headshake::stop::(

He likes to watch cartoons on TV, he plays with toys, but he gets very little or no exercise. :headshake::stop::(
Have a "power failure"!
Brother used to have these from time to time. Gas oven meant he was able to explain some of the cooking.

He even boiled water in a pan, in the oven, when asked how he'd got the hot water for a cuppa. He'd used the kettle though.

Proud to admit that I knew some of these. I'm a fan of reading articles while I sip tea in the morning. The problem is that most things have way too much sugar for what we should be having daily. Easy to have in excess that is. For example a coca cola can has 10.5g of sugar for every 100l That's a lot of sugar! That is 7 tsps of sugar! The daily requirement is 6 to 9 tsp give or take for men and women....

Proud to admit that I knew some of these. I'm a fan of reading articles while I sip tea in the morning. The problem is that most things have way too much sugar for what we should be having daily. Easy to have in excess that is. For example a coca cola can has 10.5g of sugar for every 100l That's a lot of sugar! That is 7 tsps of sugar! The daily requirement is 6 to 9 tsp give or take for men and women....
And an apple has more sugar, for the same weight, than the cola!

Back
Top Bottom