Travel Plans For 2023

Made it to the lounge at Cincy airport:
IMG_6152.jpeg

Of all the lounges I’ve been in (here, JFK, Philly, Atlanta, and London), this is my favorite one - it’s never busy and everything is very spread out.

Pics of the hotel in Barcelona (Hilton Curio):

IMG_6183.jpeg

IMG_6171.jpeg

IMG_6172.jpeg

IMG_6180.jpeg

That shower is deceptively large - two shower heads and a sitting area in the back for folks who need extra space (or couples, I suppose… :eek: :laugh: ).

IMG_7462.jpeg

We also have a patio outside the room - I did what any sensible person does after flying for a day-and-a-half: “Put the kettle on!” IMG_6174.jpeg
That’s for bar snacks!

We had a wine tasting at a small family vineyard somewhere outside Toulon.

It was nice, enjoyed the wine, and between glasses they served focaccia. The first batch was covered in olives and Emmental cheese, quite liked that, but as my luck runs, the second batch was caramelized onion and anchovy. Nope!

Of course, as is par for any group tour on any subject whatsoever, there was the one bonehead determined to show he knew more about making wine than the third-generation vintner standing in front of him. Every time Mr. Expert would say something and the host would politely steer him toward the correct answer, he’d say, “That’s what I meant, he just didn’t understand what I was saying!” 🤦🏻‍♂️

Now we’re back, we’ve had lunch, and now we’re having a drink on the balcony. No other plans today except dinner in the steakhouse later.

Back
Top Bottom