Travel Plans For 2024

Wow that's truly lovely. Thankyou.
It will be great to know some folk over the pond.

When it's coming together I'll start a thread as I'm certain input from real "Murcans" (feel bad typing that now 😆) will be invaluable.
I have saved a lot of the comments and post's from before about food and cheeses etc so it is appreciated.

If the orange man appears perhaps I could do some clumsy free wheeling over his golf course, dayglow orange shouldn't be too hard to pick out 😂

Who knows maybe I'll come back able to spell chilli with one L 😆

You used "Murcans" in proper context, so we'll give you a pass.

First stop (well, I don't recommend you actually stop), Trump National Golf Club located on Lamington Road in Bedminster, New Jersey. Cover your number plates.

CD

Last edited:
Plus most people I know actually hate attending weddings. They just don't tell the bride and groom they hated their wedding, but before/after they complain how they'll be wasting time attending a wedding this weekend/how they wasted time attending a wedding last weekend. I have the feeling the only people genuinely enthusiastic about the wedding are the bride and groom and their close family.
🙋‍♂️ 😆

Thank you for the kind words 🥰

We're obviously doing a "low cost" wedding for monetary reasons, but I honestly don't know what kind of wedding party I would like. I love weddings for the meaning they carry, and love the ceremony, but I feel like a lot of things in a "traditional" wedding look like a play put together for others to see. The reception, the photos that look unnatural and fake (the classic "bride and groom looking passionately into each others eyes", "bride looking at her bouquet", "bride and groom holding each other looking in the distance", etc), the meal interrupted a thousand times by speeches and kisses and whatnot, the clumsy first dance, the cake opening where the bride and groom force guests to hold candles for them as they approach the cake, the fireworks during the cake...that all sounds like a play to me, plus I hate that feeling that it's a day with a schedule where you do one thing after the other and there's no spontaneity.

Plus most people I know actually hate attending weddings. They just don't tell the bride and groom they hated their wedding, but before/after they complain how they'll be wasting time attending a wedding this weekend/how they wasted time attending a wedding last weekend. I have the feeling the only people genuinely enthusiastic about the wedding are the bride and groom and their close family.

A colleague of mine had her wedding in a theatre room that they rented, and I wasn't there but I've seen her wedding pictures and in every photo are people are laughing, smiling and genuinely looking like they're having a blast. That is the kind of feeling I like to see in a wedding party.

As long as you get married that's the main thing. We got wed in a registry office. Whole thing cost $100 . Back in 77.
Wife lived her wedding by organizing our sons. That cost a lot. We paid food and booze. Cost us 10k in 2009.

Russ

SandwichShortOfAPicnic my sister and her husband have a Harley and that's the only way they like to travel in the States.
For DH & I, we like our SUV packed with our usual supplies and a weeks worth of clothes.
IMG_4784.JPG

There are oodles of 'apps' and websites out their in the big wide world of The WWW that can help you plot out your route for motorcycle travel.

SandwichShortOfAPicnic my sister and her husband have a Harley and that's the only way they like to travel in the States.
For DH & I, we like our SUV packed with our usual supplies and a weeks worth of clothes.
View attachment 107288
There are oodles of 'apps' and websites out their in the big wide world of The WWW that can help you plot out your route for motorcycle travel.

Nice packing where did you go?

I think I only carry slightly less than that on my touring bike 😆
My easy luggage set up totals 144 litres, I believe thats about 38 American gallons?

When in the the US, we have loads of safe water refill stations.
As to where did we go?
It's more like where haven't we been.
The only States that we've not been to are:
Idaho
Nebraska
Minnesota
Iowa
Funny, I brought this topic up to DH and he said that this would make for a great thread to follow and contribute to.
His suggestions: do not go into the big cities, stay off the freeways and big highways, and get a NPS Annual Pass for $80, this will admit two motorcycles if you are both present at time of purchase.
Here's a link for you:https://store.usgs.gov/assets/MOD/StoreFiles/PDFX/233700.pdf

When in the the US, we have loads of safe water refill stations.
As to where did we go?
It's more like where haven't we been.
The only States that we've not been to are:
Idaho
Nebraska
Minnesota
Iowa
Funny, I brought this topic up to DH and he said that this would make for a great thread to follow and contribute to.
His suggestions: do not go into the big cities, stay off the freeways and big highways, and get a NPS Annual Pass for $80, this will admit two motorcycles if you are both present at time of purchase.
Here's a link for you:https://store.usgs.gov/assets/MOD/StoreFiles/PDFX/233700.pdf
That’s brill. Thankyou.

I think maybe I do need to start this thread sooner rather than later as I’ve already come across things I don’t know about and it would be better to have input before planning!

The highways, or freeways in the US are like that song by The Who.
"I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles..." .
They'll certainly get you from A to B as quickly as possible, but after 2 hours, they become incredibly monotonous.
When you turn off the highways, however, you'll be fascinated. I have to admit, I've only driven in Ohio and Kentucky, but some of the little towns and villages just tick all the boxes, and the people are amazingly friendly.
Definitely NOT like a trip to Cornwall... :hyper: :hyper: :D :D :D

blades have your driven H-3 freeway from Halawa to Aikahi?
Now, that's a view when you come out of the tunnel. THAT'S where I'm from, THAT'S where I was raised, right there in front of you!
MAN!!
When they were building that, we could sit on our back lanai and see it.
I don't think I have a pic of that, but can "Google" it.

Back
Top Bottom