Recipe Vegan Heartache Cake (Chocolate Eggplant Torte)

I am appreciative of the fact that I am learning new things in here, those recipes that I did not know are doable. I need not experiment on my own just to get the right mix of ingredients. I thought I did not see the flour as part of the main ingredients maybe I overlooked it but I am considering maybe omitting the AP should I not be able to find one.

AP flour is just ordinary flour (all purpose flour), so I'm sure you will be able to find that! You can use ordinary flour in place of almond flour which is in the recipe. You might find that almond flour is packaged as ground almonds in the baking section of the supermarket (as in the UK). If you leave out the flour, I think that you will end up with up a goo-ey mess! But I may be wrong.

Ok. I baked the cake and it has come out of the oven. All looks well and the raw mixture tasted good so I trust the cake will too. Its very chocolatey! I will post a photo of it tomorrow when I've decorated the top. My only thought is, why the aubergine (eggplant)? I suspect the recipe would work just as well with two bananas and no aubergine (eggplant). I certainly couldn't taste the aubergine in the raw mixture. If I have the energy tomorrow I may make this omitting the aubergine and do a taste test on the family.

Ok. I baked the cake and it has come out of the oven. All looks well and the raw mixture tasted good so I trust the cake will too. Its very chocolatey! I will post a photo of it tomorrow when I've decorated the top. My only thought is, why the aubergine (eggplant)? I suspect the recipe would work just as well with two bananas and no aubergine (eggplant). I certainly couldn't taste the aubergine in the raw mixture. If I have the energy tomorrow I may make this omitting the aubergine and do a taste test on the family.
sound better with aubergine than bananas to me!

sound better with aubergine than bananas to me!
Well you would say that as I know you hate bananas! I think you could make it with just aubergine. The predominant taste is chocolate. The aubergine/banana mix is providing a 'liquid' or at any rate 'non-dry' content to the mix and not, as far as I can tell, any significant taste.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom