Recipe Vegan heavenly veggie toss

pinkcherrychef

Local time
6:21 AM
Alright if the name is lame sorry I just came up up with it at the spurr of the moment. Now I am not a vegan but I do love vegan dishes and I don't like to consume a lot of meat so veggies are a big part of my daily diet. This recipe I made myself from scratch. Now this recipe sautes and steams the veggies. I don't like using a lot of oil so I saute it then steam it the rest of the way. I love making this dish it is one of my absolute favorites.

Prep time: maybe 5 to 10 mins. all depends how fast you cut lol
Cook time: about 10 mins or until tender and caramelized
servings: 2 depends how hungry you are lol :P
Ingredients
1 large eggplant
1 good sized red onion
1 cup of green onion
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 chili
1 cup of shredded cabbage (optional)
2 cloves of garlic (you can use 1 if you don't want a strong garlic taste)
1 tsp of salt
1 good pinch of white pepper
1 tsp of turmeric (optional Turmeric is very healthy for you so I add it in pretty much everything)
1 tiny pinch of oregano
1 tiny pinch of thyme
1 tsp of flax seed (optional)
1 tsp of sesame seeds (optional)
1 tbs of oil
1 cup of water

Directions
1. Now to how you chop them whether it's Juliane or cubed it's up to you. Cut them all up to your preference and then crush your garlic cloves. Then put them aside until your ready to toss them in you pan or wok(recommended).
2. Now take out your large pan or your wok if you have one. I don't have one :( so I just use a large pan. Anyway take it out and grease it with your 1 tbs of oil. Make sure to get every side so nothing will stick. Once you do this turn your stove on to high medium heat.

3. Now I want you to take your nicely cut veggies and toss the ones that take the longest to cook first. Also don't forget to put your seasonings in like your white pepper,salt,turmeric,soy sauce etc. Leave the seeds and garlic out for now .Toss your veggies for a few minutes until they look like they are just starting to get tender. After that toss in the veggies that take less time to cook in now and let them be tossed around for a few minutes. Alright once they look like there just starting to turn tender now is the time where you add your seeds and garlic. I want you to stir or toss all of this until you see the garlic and sesame seed turning golden brown.

4. Once you see that golden brown color on the garlic and sesame seeds I want you to take your cup of water and carefully put a little bit of water in the pan or wok (Do not burn yourself with the steam). Now cover the pan or wok and let the water evaporate. Once that water has evaporated I want you to repeat the process until all the water is gone from your cup or until those veggies are nice and tender and have lots of flavor.

5. Serve and enjoy this wonderful healthy tasty vegan dish.

P.S. I have not timed myself to be honest so 10 mins was just an educated guess if it takes longer please do tell.

You're going to need about 10 minutes just to caramelize the red onion, and the peppers and cabbage all take a while to soften, too. But, I'm not too worried about the exact times: I can figure that out. I really should try something like this sometime: I always want to put some protein in the dish, but it can definitely work with what you have here. :okay:

You're going to need about 10 minutes just to caramelize the red onion, and the peppers and cabbage all take a while to soften, too. But, I'm not too worried about the exact times: I can figure that out. I really should try something like this sometime: I always want to put some protein in the dish, but it can definitely work with what you have here. :okay:
Sorry I never time myself so it's hard to make a good time. As my recipe states always put the stuff that takes the longest first then add the stuff that takes less time last. I never wait until there fully carmelized only until they look a good brown tender color. After that I steam them. Glad you not picky about an exact time :') . If you want protien I'd reccomend Navy Beans for this recipe. I bet they would taste so good with this.

Back
Top Bottom