Veggies One Likes to Find in a Quiche?

Mountain Cat

Veteran
Local time
1:12 PM
Website
goatsandgreens.wordpress.com
I am making several vegetarian (not vegan) quiches for a brunch at our community center shortly. I am curious as to what vegetables folk might appreciate in quiches. I am already going to be making a mushroom/asparagus one (by request) and am interested in what other veggies would be appropriate. On tap already are broccolini and spinach, and as well both onions and bell or roasted peppers.

I will not have access to most arcane ingredients. (I was happily pleased that asparagus is something a friend wants and is happy to have with her mushrooms)

Thoughts are appreciated!

I am making several vegetarian (not vegan) quiches for a brunch at our community center shortly. I am curious as to what vegetables folk might appreciate in quiches. I am already going to be making a mushroom/asparagus one (by request) and am interested in what other veggies would be appropriate. On tap already are broccolini and spinach, and as well both onions and bell or roasted peppers.

I will not have access to most arcane ingredients. (I was happily pleased that asparagus is something a friend wants and is happy to have with her mushrooms)

Thoughts are appreciated!

You covered the ones I was thinking of.

I do often use some green chilis -- usually canned ones, as they are not as hot, and are soft like the quiche. But, if you roast and peel something like poblanos, then dice them up, that would be good.

CD

Onion or asparagus and plenty of cheese for me. I like the contents to do two things firstly offer a contrasting texture and secondly not leach any watery content into the surrounding mixture. You know the sort of quiche that you bite into and liquid escapes down your chin :giggle:

If it's a standing up gig then I prefer a tortilla as the structural integrity is a bit better and your less likely to see a half your slice of quiche bouncing off a paper plate onto the floor :laugh:

Onion or asparagus and plenty of cheese for me. I like the contents to do two things firstly offer a contrasting texture and secondly not leach any watery content into the surrounding mixture. You know the sort of quiche that you bite into and liquid escapes down your chin :giggle:

If it's a standing up gig then I prefer a tortilla as the structural integrity is a bit better and your less likely to see a half your slice of quiche bouncing off a paper plate onto the floor :laugh:

I assume you mean a Spanish tortilla. In other latin countries (like Mexico), a tortilla is a very different thing. I always have to specify a "Spanish Tortilla," and often have to explain the difference when I mention one here in Texas.

CD

I assume you mean a Spanish tortilla. In other latin countries (like Mexico), a tortilla is a very different thing. I always have to specify a "Spanish Tortilla," and often have to explain the difference when I mention one here in Texas.

CD
Oh goodo it’s the obligatory which tortilla conversation I mentioned before 😂

Yes sorry I see I didn’t mention the potatoes which I intended to do as an identifier 👍

Oh goodo it’s the obligatory which tortilla conversation I mentioned before 😂

Yes sorry I see I didn’t mention the potatoes which I intended to do as an identifier 👍
I don't think you needed any identifiers, this is a thread about quiche so I instantly assumed you were referring to a Spanish tortilla. The flour or corn tortilla would not have made a lick of sense in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom