Wahlburgers in NZ - Fried Pickles

No batter??

Russ

Nope. Just flour. It sticks to pickles very well. A nice, thin and crispy crust.

A batter is too much work, especially with the clean-up. Batter also has a hard time sticking to wet things. As much as I dry them with paper towels, they are still pickles, which means the are wet all the way through.

CD

I will post pics along with hush puppies. 2 trial dishes/snacks. Doing this week.

Russ

I'm glad to see you are trying some Mercan foods. Some time back, didn't we make a deal that if you made some particular Merican food, I would make (and eat) a burger with beets (beetroot) on it? I don't remember what that Mercan food was. :scratchhead:

CD

Nope. Just flour. It sticks to pickles very well. A nice, thin and crispy crust.

A batter is too much work, especially with the clean-up. Batter also has a hard time sticking to wet things. As much as I dry them with paper towels, they are still pickles, which means the are wet all the way through.

CD
I'll try both ways. For my sons sake
I get pics, we are still growing atm.

Russ

I'm glad to see you are trying some Mercan foods. Some time back, didn't we make a deal that if you made some particular Merican food, I would make (and eat) a burger with beets (beetroot) on it? I don't remember what that Mercan food was. :scratchhead:

CD
Yes we shared a bet.
Ps I do ribs pretty good, everyone loves them. And hot dogs.

Russ

FYI to everyone - since this is mainly about fried pickles and not Wahlburgers, I edited the subject and moved it over to the Vegetable area.

Continue on with frying your pickles!
Well to further complicate things, I now want to try a Wahlburger. Apparently they have a location in Cleveland. And that actor Mark Wahlberg has now opened a Cheverolet dealership in Avon, Ohio. Weird. Actor, restaurant owner, car dealership...

Father in law took us out for dinner one night recently. Ordered fried pickles. Waaaaaay too much salt. But the hush puppies they served were by far the best I’ve ever had.

Are fried pickles made with whole large dill pickles or are they sliced? If sliced are they usually sliced lengthways or in 'coins'?

Are fried pickles made with whole large dill pickles or are they sliced? If sliced are they usually sliced lengthways or in 'coins'?
Usually fried pickles are sliced like coins (pickle chips).

Back
Top Bottom