What are your 5 favorite Foreign Foods ?

I don't know if I can put them in any particular order but Indian and middle eastern certainly come first and second. Ethiopian features in the list, as does Moroccan and Thai.

@SatNavSaysStraightOn

I too am a grand fan of Moroccan, Lebanese & Thai ..

Indian: We go to an exemplary restaurant approx every month to 6 weeks for Indian. We enjoy it very much and it is strategically located in front of the British Embassy ( both in Barcelona and Madrid Capital ) ..

I have never had Ethopian cuisine however, I have had Senagalese at a lovely restaurant in Paris, but not in Senegal ..

Speedy recovery Dear ..
Have a lovely day ..

What are your 5 favorite foreign cuisines that you eat out in a Restaurant ?
Since, I am an Iberian, born and raised, a Catalan - Spaniard, I am not including Spanish Regional Cuisine.
Mine are:
1) Italian Regional ..
2) French Provençal ..
3) Regional Aegean Greek Islands ..
4) Japanese ..
5) Thai ....

If I were to extend this list, I would add Portuguese, French Basque and Iberian Basque, Danish, Peruvian and Moroccan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm I grew up on Lebanese food and love that, Cambodian and Vietnamese salads, fresh Mexican....and Ethiopian.... But in terms of favourite foods to cook:
  • Vietnamese rice paper rolls-- fiddly but amazing
  • Shakshuka (for breakfast lunch and dinner!)-- so easy and so delicious-- eggs cooked over spicy tomatos and red peppers
  • Majadra -- lebanese lentil rice and onion comfort food that I love!!!
  • Any Vietnamese salad

I could probably add quite a lot of other foods too, but I only listed the ones I have regular experience of eating.

Coincidentally, my daughter sent me a very important text message from Greece the other night. She said my son-in-law was for the first time ever tucking into a plate of Arni Psito me Patates (https://www.cookingbites.com/thread...c-and-lemon-sauce-arni-psito-me-patates.7116/). He really is a stickler for English-only food, except for the odd kebab or Chinese after a night at the pub when he probably wouldn't remember what he's had to eat anyway :laugh:. She was forever cooking separately for him. It made her so proud, and she said it was exactly how I make it. She also said the meal brought back so many good memories of her childhood (I remarried when she was a teenager, unfortunately to a man who didn't like any of that "foreign muck", i.e. Greek food :().

• Shakshuka (for breakfast lunch and dinner!)-- so easy and so delicious-- eggs cooked over spicy tomatos and red peppers

Ah - you are a Shakshuka (chakcouka) lover too! I have a couple of recipes somewhere on the Forum:

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/chakchouka-shakshouka.7387/
IMGP0849.jpg

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/chakshouka-with-parmesan-polenta.8134/#post-55924

IMGP0954.jpg

Those recipes both look great-- when I have time I love mine with cornbread too (and avacado salsa!)-- not very traditional but tastes amazing. My other trick is to add green beans when I make it for dinner-- thats really yummy too.

Back
Top Bottom