What are your interest/hobbies - besides cooking

I finally finished a project I've been working on for DD. She's a Wiccan, which for those that don't know is a very nature oriented, do unto others as you would have them do unto you way of life, as one of the core beliefs is that your actions return to you times 3. Anyway, she has wanted a Book of Shadows/grimoire for a long time so I offered to make her one for a present. She chose an Egyptian theme as she loves Ancient Egypt. There is a cartouche on the front right edge in the center that has her name in hieroglyphs. The god Anubis and goddess Bastet are featured on the front center top and bottom of the scarab, which is reaching for a lapis lazuli gemstone carved into a scarab. The chain hinges have panels from a vintage Art Deco silver bracelet I found. The inside front and back cover pages are a print I found of Anubis. The book.tassel is black velvet and royal.blue satin wound with sliver ribbon and peacock tail eye feathers and swords. The 3 bookmarks are macrame with charms attached. I also made a bag for the book out of the black velvet. There is also an ink pen shaped like a statue of Anubis.
full

full

full

full

Very well done @medtran49! I see you talents don't only lay in cooking. :)The Wiccan world is quite fascinating and I didn't know there was a connection to Ancient Egypt.

We love train travel in Europe. Restored train lines our favorite. UK and Swiss are keen on that.
At home it's tending to the roses.

Back
Top Bottom