What did you cook/eat today (February 2018)?

I've never boiled them..
Preheat oven to 400F
Cut spuds into ~3/4" cubes, toss in duck fat (or oil), season with your favourite salt & pepper & toss in a well seasoned oven pan
Roast ~1 hour @ 400F ..and toss/move around 3-4 times - until evenly browned/ slightly charred
Serve with the tomato &/or aioli sauce

Last edited:
I've never boiled them..
Preheat oven to 400F
Cut spuds into ~3/4" cubes, toss in duck fat (or oil), season with your favourite salt & pepper & toss in a well seasoned oven pan
Roast ~1 hour @ 400F ..and toss/move around 3-4 times - until evenly browned/ slightly charred
Serve with the tomato &/or aioli sauce

I would need to roast them in the halogen oven:

roast potatoes july 1 s.jpg

The above were parboiled first (5 minutes), brushed with olive oil and roasted at 200 degC for 20 minutes. Another 5 minutes would slightly char them.

[The patatas bravas that I cooked were not prepared as above]

Im still working on my custard tarts, I think I'm about there with the custard consistency. The sweet pastry, as ever, is an ongoing development...

View attachment 14010

They look beautiful to me! Did you try putting rhubarb in them as mentioned before? I've got some rhubarb in the fridge right now and I might have a stab at making some.

The plan was simple. Meet up at the snooker at 13:00; play (and drink) until 17:00 then buy tea at the Hainaneise chicken stall.

The stall was closed.

No problem, fried rice from the fat lady's restaurant in the village. No, she was also closed. I wonder how these folks make money!

Resorted to cooking J.O.'s black pork ribs from the fridge.

next day s.jpg

The Penn Dutch market/butcher we go to (there are only 2 locally) offers extremely thin cut sirloin tip in the frozen section. They slice it in store. It is perfect for steak sandwiches and chipped beef for SOS. I grabbed some yesterday on my way home along with some criminis, provolone and sub rolls. We have a bridge burner on our stove and I used a CI griddle to cook the sandwich filling. The sandwiches went in the oven to melt the cheese. The filling had steak, thin sliced red onion, sliced criminis, onion powder, garlic powder, a touch of worcestershire, salt and pepper. Again sorry for my very bad photography.
Steak Sandwich 2-21-18.jpg

We have a bridge burner on our stove and I used a CI griddle to cook the sandwich filling.

My ignorance - I had to look up bridge burner and it took me a while to work out CI must be cast iron! So a bridge burner is two burners linked together?
The sandwiches sound delicious.

Back
Top Bottom