What did you cook/eat today (February 2018)?

View attachment 14088 View attachment 14089

Back in Michigan, so time to make my own food again. Fortunately, Kroger has asparagus on sale for 99 cents a pound! I’ve made this recipe before, and always with cream added. But, this time, I decided to use my technique for making mushroom soup, where I just put a ridiculous amount of vegetables to thicken it up. So, instead of 2 pounds of asparagus, I used 4 pounds of asparagus.

I first made a stock using the woody ends of the asparagus, with my usual stock components (carrots, onion, rosemary, and thyme). I reserved the tips, and added them upon serving, to add a crunchy (and at the same time fresh) element. Very tasty.

Looks delicious - lovely green colour.

That's the last of the ribs (thankfully). With the rest of the "tater tots" and sweetcorn (we have another 6 husks given on Friday).

served 8 s.jpg

Eaten Neanderthal style.

served 9 s.jpg

We shall be going to a local Taverna Griega, a Greek Tavern just a few streets away for some Mezze ( At 14.30 ) ..

Lovely tiny place with authentic Greek Memorabalia ..

Tonight's dinner was dirty rice stuffed collard green rolls, with a spicy cajun tomato sauce. One of us will post the recipe tomorrow for the challenge. Both the rice and sauce were based on Paul Prudhomme recipes with some modifications.

2018-02-25 19.15.08.jpg

Tonight's dinner was dirty rice stuffed collard green rolls, with a spicy cajun tomato sauce. One of us will post the recipe tomorrow for the challenge. Both the rice and sauce were based on Paul Prudhomme recipes with some modifications.

View attachment 14118

This looks great. I really must make something similar. We don't use the term collard greens in the UK but far as I can tell they are any sort of brassica leaf really? Do stuffed cabbage rolls may be on my menu this week.

Round courgettes! I've never seen them before. This dish looks superb. How big are they?

In this period our supermarkets/farms are plenty of these round corgette.They are not so big, at least 10 cm..and perfect for stuffing with minced meat or rice as well..
A friend of mine (not Italian) asked me to buy and send to her..these round courgettes are very requested :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom