What did you cook/eat today (June 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, they are stuffed with meat and then fried .. it's a Marche dish but widespread all over Italy and they are really good.

@MypinchofItaly

Usually eggrolls are prepared with shredded cabbage ( cavolo) and other Green vegetables and shrimp, and grated carrot, though one can add chicken or meat.
Morning Glory tells us in the 1st post, of her ingredients ..

Have a lovely day.

I almost always want to do things like this, but here's a case where I make an exception. I don't think the difference between a freshly-made wrapper and ones like these is that great if i'm putting them in a deep fryer. NOTE: my recipe says to pan fry, but that's because most people don't own a deep fryer. If I have a choice, and it makes sense, the egg rolls are going for a swim!

@The Late Night Gourmet

Actually, I have never prepared eggrolls .. I know the key is the Crispiness ! I would asume that a Deep fryer would be a worthy tool here.

I prepare by Potato cubes for Patatas Bravas ( Spicy Spanish Paprika Potatoes ) in a Deep fryer. They come out heavenly perfectly crisp yet tender insides and are Golden Golden ..

I see your view point ..

Have a great day ..

I finally did what I wanted to do last week: I made egg rolls. These are made with shrimp, green cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and the usual assortments of seasonings and sauces. The dip is my go-to Asian sauce blend (lime juice, fish sauce, gochujang, sesame oil, sesame seeds, rice vinegar). And, the soup is the hot & sour cabbage soup I made last week, after being unfrozen. The consistency is thicker, but the taste is still good.

View attachment 8434

@The Late Night Gourmet

Looks great !! I like Eggrolls. They are called Spring Rolls here in Spain.

Thanks for posting.

Nothing fancy today. I had just arrived yesterday from Portugal ( 1 week trip ) so I had to go to the Market.

And we decided to have a typical Japanese Menu enroute to our apartment .. We shared a Sushi Boat and had some Cava, sparkling wine ..

@MypinchofItaly

Usually eggrolls are prepared with shredded cabbage ( cavolo) and other Green vegetables and shrimp, and grated carrot, though one can add chicken or meat.
Morning Glory tells us in the 1st post, of her ingredients ..

Have a lovely day.

Oh yes I know them and sometimes I've also eaten them..but my reply to @morning glory was about Italian olive all'ascolana, I.e. Green olives filled with meat and then fried. Do you know them @Francesca ?

Nothing fancy today. I had just arrived yesterday from Portugal ( 1 week trip ) so I had to go to the Market.

And we decided to have a typical Japanese Menu enroute to our apartment .. We shared a Sushi Boat and had some Cava, sparkling wine ..

Sushi boat :hungry::hungry:...mmmm I love sushi but it's a very long time I don't have, about 1 year...unfortunately my last dinner with sushi was a disaster, I was dramatically sick because of it for 4 days! My hubby called me Linda Blair :laugh: Very nice! :yuck:I have still nightmares. I'd like to eat it again but I'm little worried...Sushi I miss you!

@The Late Night Gourmet

Looks great !! I like Eggrolls. They are called Spring Rolls here in Spain.

Thanks for posting.
I've known egg rolls as different from spring rolls: spring rolls are smaller than egg rolls, always contain only vegetables (compared to chicken, pork, and/or shrimp in an egg roll), and have a thinner wrapper. Essentially, they're the same thing.

This reminds me of a place near my house that truly makes sushi a work of art. As you can see, this is less a sushi boat and more a sushi battleship! This is the same place where I had bibimbap for the first time, which inspired me to create my own interpretation. I've made sushi before, I think I'll leave the presentation to the brilliant people here.

o.jpg

...olive ascolane...
I had never heard of these, so I did what one does these days: I Googled.

Oh, My. I'm so glad those aren't sold around here. If they were, I could see ending up as round as one of the olives.

Now I'm off to check out the recipes Google was so gracious to provide me with. :whistling:

This reminds me of a place near my house that truly makes sushi a work of art. As you can see, this is less a sushi boat and more a sushi battleship! This is the same place where I had bibimbap for the first time, which inspired me to create my own interpretation. I've made sushi before, I think I'll leave the presentation to the brilliant people here.

@The Late Night Gourmet,

Absolutely incredibly amazing !!! Definitely a Sushi Battleship !!!!

Looks phenomenal ..

o.jpg

I've known egg rolls as different from spring rolls: spring rolls are smaller than egg rolls, always contain only vegetables (compared to chicken, pork, and/or shrimp in an egg roll), and have a thinner wrapper. Essentially, they're the same thing.

@The Late Night Gourmet,

Egg rolls verses Spring Rolls.

Could the wrapper be different too ? Or is it Language, Usa verses UK English ?

Oh, I sent you the Esplette Pepper Photo on your Pepper Thread !!

I shall do some research and see what I find on Egg verses Spring Rolls ?

Thanks for posting the incredible Battle ship of Suishi !!! Amazing.

Oh yes I know them and sometimes I've also eaten them..but my reply to @morning glory was about Italian olive all'ascolana, I.e. Green olives filled with meat and then fried. Do you know them @Francesca ?

@MypinchofItaly

Sorry Dear .. Sounds delicious too. I have never had meat stuffed olives but I have had stuffed olives with anchovies .. They were heaven !

Have a lovely evening ..

o.jpg

:cry::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom